Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone watching the Jags right now?

BigCountry22

Not to look to far ahead but wow, the Jags are nasty on D. We all know now that Brunell is going to play until he gets hurt no matter what, the Gibbs has spoken, but he may not last that long if Jacksonville plays like they are against the Steelers.

Now I am a big Campbell fan, mostly because we invested so much in him as a franchise and basically hamstrung our entire future as a franchise if he fails, and I want to see the education begin. Normally this is not ideal situation to see a rookie QB get his feet wet but I am envisioning a shutout and 18 sacks with Brunell and his 15 step drop backs.

(side note, are those really the designed drop backs or does he just do that nonsense on his own???)

Anyway one last thing before everyone rips my first thread, I am a HUGE Redskin fan, in every sense of the word, but I do not see how anyone who is honestly and objectively watching the NFL as a whole can HONESTLY think that this team has any super bowl asperations. Please Redskin fans tell me you wouldn't trade a meaningless 9-7 this year with Mark for the possibility of bigger things the next 3 years with an experienced JC. For once can someone please think big picture, PLEASE!!!!

Ok, I'm done, have at it.

You guys are a day late and a dollar short.

Did anyone watch the Jags defense last year? And they made the playoff with basically no Byron Leftwitch. And when Byron returned, he was rusty which in many observations caused them the playoff game in a way.

So when people thought Dallas layed an egg when they loss to the jags, I was shaken my head saying uh-uh. That's when I knew we were in trouble come dallas night. Especially with the offense of the Skins playing like they were in the new offense.

The jags are for-real and was built up front to cause havoc to ease the pressure for the secondary. I watch them draft some bonified DL and defense of players all-around. Cause Jack the Del-Rio was a good defense of player himself and drafted players in his image, nasty with motors.

So hopefully our offense will be caught up with half the 700 pages come Jaguar night.

uhm we will more than likely be 1-3 the first 4 weeks , not to down the texans tho cause im not sure we are much better than them at this point .....we are just horrible right now and we have a tough schedule this year , no way we finish better than .500 this year =( sad but true

I think Mark will play fine against them because it's the Jags and there is a certain amount of pride and push a player has when he faces his old team. If you don't believe me, take a look at what Brad Johnson just did against us in week one.

There still two weeks away so right now the majority of our focus should and will be on the Texans. The Jaguars do look very good for the record.

I think Rashean Mathis is now a top 5 CB in this game. I've always liked him and I remember praying back when I was 13 or 14 that we draft him after I read his scouting report. He absolutely shut down Hines Ward this week and has 3 picks in 2 weeks. He is a former safety also. He would be a perfect fit for this defense.

I think Mark will play fine against them because it's the Jags and there is a certain amount of pride and push a player has when he faces his old team. If you don't believe me, take a look at what Brad Johnson just did against us in week one.

There still two weeks away so right now the majority of our focus should and will be on the Texans. The Jaguars do look very good for the record.

Nope. It never works for Skins players against their former teams. I remember Armstead and Trotter stinking against the Giants and Eagles, respectively.

I think Rashean Mathis is now a top 5 CB in this game. I've always liked him and I remember praying back when I was 13 or 14 that we draft him after I read his scouting report. He absolutely shut down Hines Ward this week and has 3 picks in 2 weeks. He is a former safety also. He would be a perfect fit for this defense.

I played against Mathis in highschool and college and he is very good. You are right in that he would be a tremendous asset to our defense.

I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a fan of the Jaguars. They play aggressivley on defense without giving up big plays. The offense takes time to get started but late in the game they get it rolling! I've follwed them for a while and they tend to be inconsistant as the year progresses. They have a huge game vs. Indy next week which will be draining. If the Skins get it together vs. Houston, we will beat the Jags.

I think that presumes they are capable of playing better.

Not to look to far ahead but wow, the Jags are nasty on D. We all know now that Brunell is going to play until he gets hurt no matter what, the Gibbs has spoken, but he may not last that long if Jacksonville plays like they are against the Steelers.

Now I am a big Campbell fan, mostly because we invested so much in him as a franchise and basically hamstrung our entire future as a franchise if he fails, and I want to see the education begin. Normally this is not ideal situation to see a rookie QB get his feet wet but I am envisioning a shutout and 18 sacks with Brunell and his 15 step drop backs.

(side note, are those really the designed drop backs or does he just do that nonsense on his own???)

Anyway one last thing before everyone rips my first thread, I am a HUGE Redskin fan, in every sense of the word, but I do not see how anyone who is honestly and objectively watching the NFL as a whole can HONESTLY think that this team has any super bowl asperations. Please Redskin fans tell me you wouldn't trade a meaningless 9-7 this year with Mark for the possibility of bigger things the next 3 years with an experienced JC. For once can someone please think big picture, PLEASE!!!!

Ok, I'm done, have at it.

First off you are not a "HUGE" skins fan. Otherwise you would

not have that silly picture as your sig. Post your opinion fine.

I would have expected something like that from a Dallas fan.

Because I would like to see a QB with an actual arm play I am not a huge skins fan? I must be a dallas fan? That is a moronic statement, look around the message board buddy, there are 9000 other people who want MB to take a seat, you must have time to check out some threads you are 38 for gods sake. get a life.

The Jaguars are a legitimate Super Bowl contender. People seem to forget that they were 12-4 last year while having a very young receiveing corps and while suffering injuries to Fred Taylor and Byron Leftwich. They might have the best overall defense in the league right now and have an awesome kicking game. Their only deficiency has been the offense the last couple years, and it now looks like that is coming around.

It might not happen this year, but Matt Jones will be an entrenched Pro Bowler in the coming years.

I'm just glad we have them at home in Week 4. Oh, and that the Jags will be coming off of two really tough games against Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.

Because I would like to see a QB with an actual arm play I am not a huge skins fan? I must be a dallas fan? That is a moronic statement, look around the message board buddy, there are 9000 other people who want MB to take a seat, you must have time to check out some threads you are 38 for gods sake. get a life.

Yeah, every good Redskins fan has a picture of our starting QB

with an "X" over it as his sig....it's called supporting your team

and coach. I do not agree with our choice of QB also but I

will support him as long as he is in that position. That is the

difference between being young and dumb and older and wiser.

No sir you have that wrong, blindly supporting the team is called being a HOMER, not being old and wise. I am in no way a dumb football fan so why don't you go waste your time by going through the board and yelling at everyone with that same sig, it might take you a long time. You can support who ever you want but do not call my opinion on what is best for this team dumb.

Archived