Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greg Williams - our whole coaching staff is infected

TimmySmith

What was with the 3 man rush late on 3rd and 10? Against Bledsoe? Are you kidding me?

Then on the next play he has a coverage that has a LB taking on Glenn, touchdown.

I personally believe that the players outplayed the coaching last night on both sides of the ball.

BTW the coaches were right, we only saw 10% of the offense in the preseason, but sadly it was the good 10%.

What is with this entire defense? The front 4 generates zero pass rush. They can't force a punt to save their own lives, and nobody can make a tackle without grabbing the facemask. Sounds to me like Joe needs to do some serious ***** chewing on Williams, then he on his defensive unit. The level of play we're seeing from this entire team right now is totally unacceptable.

Somehow i feel like the whole portis and springs injury hurt the psyche on both sides of the ball. I mean, remember that first preseason drive? It looked sweet up until the portis injury. On the other side, Springs was bringin the heat on the blitz and the other team couldnt do anything offensively. I just hope we go back to the good ol' skins when they both come back.

Somehow i feel like the whole portis and springs injury hurt the psyche on both sides of the ball. I mean, remember that first preseason drive? It looked sweet up until the portis injury. On the other side, Springs was bringin the heat on the blitz and the other team couldnt do anything offensively. I just hope we go back to the good ol' skins when they both come back.

as much as i want to agree with it i cant 1 person on each side of the ball cant possibly affect a teams play by that much allthough it would of made a difference if they were ther.

as much as i want to agree with it i cant 1 person on each side of the ball cant possibly affect a teams play by that much allthough it would of made a difference if they were ther.

We don't have a legit #1 RB playing right now. That makes a world of difference and teams dare us to run, knowing we can't effectively do it all-game consistently.

As big as Duckett is, man, does he hit the hole like a girl.

Springs' loss is huge. It forces us to hold back the LB's and Safeties to account for his loss. Rumph may do some good stuff soon, but he's still too "young" in this Defense to be as effective as Springs has been.

what has happened to our once dominant run defense? RBs are getting to the 2nd level on almost every run. maybe we need to put wynn back in the starting lineup because carter does nothing. and i hate to say it, but it looks like we are missing lavar who was solid against the run.

What was with the 3 man rush late on 3rd and 10? Against Bledsoe? Are you kidding me?

Then on the next play he has a coverage that has a LB taking on Glenn, touchdown.

I personally believe that the players outplayed the coaching last night on both sides of the ball.

BTW the coaches were right, we only saw 10% of the offense in the preseason, but sadly it was the good 10%.

I don't know why he has a LB checking WR's. He did the same junk 2 weeks straight last season and the same result was a TD both times.

Joey Galloway and Jerry Porter both scored on TD's having a damn LB checking them. This is the 3rd time I've seen this. How many times does he have to know that he shouldn't do that.

what has happened to our once dominant run defense? RBs are getting to the 2nd level on almost every run. maybe we need to put wynn back in the starting lineup because carter does nothing. and i hate to say it, but it looks like we are missing lavar who was solid against the run.

Put in Roger McIntosh? The d-line play has been totally subpar in the first 2 games

And 3rd downs?? Dallas did exactly what Minny did and that was convert always on 3rd down

I simply cannot fathom why GW is not blitzing lights out like he was last year and in 2004. If anything, our secondary gets burned and off the field quicker, rather then being bled to death

Put in Roger McIntosh? The d-line play has been totally subpar in the first 2 games

And 3rd downs?? Dallas did exactly what Minny did and that was convert always on 3rd down

I simply cannot fathom why GW is not blitzing lights out like he was last year and in 2004. If anything, our secondary gets burned and off the field quicker, rather then being bled to death

i totally agree about the dline. griff and salavea have been nowhere in the first 2 games. golston saw a lot of action but didnt do much. stopping the run starts with those DTs and they have not played very well thus far.

We don't have a legit #1 RB playing right now. That makes a world of difference and teams dare us to run, knowing we can't effectively do it all-game consistently.

Springs' loss is huge. It forces us to hold back the LB's and Safeties to account for his loss. Rumph may do some good stuff soon, but he's still too "young" in this Defense to be as effective as Springs has been.

I'm about sick of hearing about springs. One man can't be that important. If he is our defencive genius better rethink is **** or he will be looking spurrieresc pretty quick. I hate myself for saying these things. I never thought I could feel this discusted. Everything sucks. Off., Def., Play calling, my car, my shoes, i can't even start my weed eater. This week is going to be loooong. I'll never jump off the band wagon, but I fell like I'm stuck under it as it rolls out of control backwards down the hill.:(

I see the posts regarding the D-Line etc. and the injured players. What is going on with the Skins is easy to see. It is directly tied to the losses of Springs and Portis. We have a coaching staff that is not excuse makers. They could tell us each week how bad we are hurting due to lack of depth at certain positions, but these coaches have consistently preached accountability for the 3 seasons they have been here. I can appreciate that. Williams says "when a man goes down, somebody has to step in there and do the job." We are not getting that from the CB reserves. They are absolutely horrible. The reason we can't stop anybody on third down is because teams are going to their 3WR sets knowing that we only have 1 (decent corner) on the field and he's somewhat overwhelmed right now too. Williams having to change his pressure packages and drop defenders into coverage affects the D-Line. They can't get a sac if the QB is releasing the ball quickly. Also The O-Lineman are getting one/one matchups with our D-Line. They no longer have to worry about the (unblocked defender) killing their QB or where he's going to come from.

The team is 0-2 and there is reason for concern. You just have to understand that we have playmakers not currently on the field. If you took the top offensive player and one of the top defenders off of any NFL team they wouldn't look good either.

we always harp on players getting big contracts and then slack off and I would say the same for the Skins coaching staff. anybody notice the weight gain of GW since he has been here? He is a couple of cheeseburgers away from looking like Andy Reid.

and his weight has exactly what to do with the way he coaches?...Seems like Reid has done a pretty good job as well. And I'm sure Williams has been bailing out at 3:00pm everyday to go grab a bite at the local Burger King:doh:

duel edged sword kinda thing...if the game is close it makes sense to not "bring the house"..of course if it's not close...ugh...If you notice...later in the game, as the team was willing to take more chances, people were coming from a few different places...not that it helped...;)

I'm about sick of hearing about springs. One man can't be that important.

No?

Not only can Springs cover, but he can work against the run and blitz. Losing Springs takes out one of the most versatile players on our Defense and forces the D Coaches to adjust accordingly. Why do you think the LB's aren't blitzing as much? Why do you think the Safeties don't blitz at all?

Once Spring returns and is 100%, I guarantee this Defense will look and feel different.

Wow what a stupid, stupid post. Learn the game please. A linebacker was not on Glenn. It was a cover 3 and Wright was supposed to have deep third responsibility which would have put him in the end zone. He got sucked up and Glenn ran right to his vacated area. Do you really think GW would put a linebacker on Glenn? :doh:

I said the same thing earlier in this thread (not quite with the nuts & bolts that you used) and it got ignored. Good luck... ;)

Wow what a stupid, stupid post. Learn the game please. A linebacker was not on Glenn. It was a cover 3 and Wright was supposed to have deep third responsibility which would have put him in the end zone. He got sucked up and Glenn ran right to his vacated area. Do you really think GW would put a linebacker on Glenn?

Read again junior. I said that his defensive formation resulted in a linebacker covering Glenn, which is 100% true. The vacated spot you referred to was filled by the linebacker by design. Obviously it was not the matchup that Gregg Williams was anticipating, but it is the one that occured. Your post only solidifies your agreement with me about the ineptitude of the defensive scheme.

Obviously it was not the matchup that Gregg Williams was anticipating, but it is the one that occured. Your post only solidifies your agreement with me about the ineptitude of the defensive scheme.

Or a mix-up in the coverage because of the CB's... ? Nah, they couldn't have had anything to do with it.

Archuleta was out of position. Lemar Marshall and Sean Taylor almost got there to save it and they were both coming from way out of poisiton. Had ST not stalled to check his zone as Glenn cut across the field he would have been able to break it up. It was mostly just good routes to beat the Cover 2 by Dallas. Madden-esque, really.

I don't know why he has a LB checking WR's. He did the same junk 2 weeks straight last season and the same result was a TD both times.

Joey Galloway and Jerry Porter both scored on TD's having a damn LB checking them. This is the 3rd time I've seen this. How many times does he have to know that he shouldn't do that.

The fact that Lemar Marshall was supposed to be covering the middle of the field (not deep) and was even close to Glenn is nothing short of amazing. On the Jerry Porter TD he was right with him 50 yards downfield. Thats why I love the guy... but no LB should be left on an island deep with a WR.

I agree with you but, Brunnells play is horrible! He's over throwing, under throwing, throwing out of bounds when he's got receivers open and holding on to the ball too long. He's playing like he did his first year here, which was pathetic and I'm not a Brunnell basher. I'd really hate to see a QB change this early in the season but something needs to be done.

Maybe Joe Gibbs should take back more control, I don't know. I like the play calling but they're not executing and the way Brunnell is playing, he could be lined up behind the best o-line ever assembled (which I thought we were close to having) and he'd still screw it up somehow. You guy's can defend Brunnell all you want, but if he'd just connected on his passes last night, we could and should have taken that game, regardless of how the defense played.

Archived