Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just one question: Why is Mark Brunell the QB of this team?

smartestmaninamerica

No way JC starts against the Texans. Gibbs won't throw in the towel at 0-2. It will take 1-5 or so, I think. Stick with Brunell, fellow suffering fans. He's all we'll have the next few weeks. Let's just hope he turns it around...

Hope is a four letter word sometimes

Right now I hope Gibbs holds Brunell to the same level of accountability that he held Ramsey too (QB Change).

The same level he held his WRs too. (Massive WR Changes)

The same level he held himself too (O. Coordinator Change)

Now I'm wondering if all of those other changes were necessary because their is only one constant in what has been considered an under performing, low scoring offense - Brunell.

Why is everyone so suprized? Or have we forgoten how bad Brunell played in those two playoff games last season?

Gibbs, as much we all love him and as much as we owe him he has one major flaw. He is loyal to a fault. Brunell should never have seen the field this year. We should have kept Ramsey and have him go up against Campbell for the job of starting QBs period. Now I don't even care for the rest of the season. I want to see what we have in Campbell because if we don't have anything there then this team needs to make a major trade and pickup a QB in the offseason

We have been exposed because our D can't stop anyone on 3rd down but how can you blame them. Our offense is 3 and out almost the entire game and please don't say is because no one is open. I was so upset last night that I couldn't sleep so I played some of the game back on Tivo and let me tell you we had people open.

Brunell just can't get or will not risk getting the ball out to them. he needs to go now no ifs ends or buts.

I have been saying Brunell must go since last year. He is not the guy in DC. Joe keeps saying how proud he is of the "guys". Joe what is there to be proud of? Over ten penalties, no rushing yard, no passing yards, no pressure from the defense. Tell me where this pride is coming from. If Brunell stays as the quarterback, then our season is over now. I might as well start dreaming of next season.

No way JC starts against the Texans. Gibbs won't throw in the towel at 0-2. It will take 1-5 or so, I think. Stick with Brunell, fellow suffering fans. He's all we'll have the next few weeks. Let's just hope he turns it around...

Oh heck no! If the coaches wait until we're 1-5 to make the change then I'm gonna take up knitting or something! I don't know how much more evidence is needed that Brunell is just not able to get the job done. And for Brunell to start against Houston next week...what will that prove? Here are some scenarios after next week:

1. We win with Brunell....so what its Houston, its like beating up a girl, no glory in it, with the exception of Blondie...she can take any man! ;)

2. We lose with Brunell...OMG'ness...that's too scary to think about (someone hold me)

3. We win with Collins (remember I said scenarios not realities) this move does nothing for the present or the future of the team, its a non-move IMO.

4. We lose with Collins...:mad:

5. We win with Campbell, he gets a lot of real game experience against a soft team, and with a win gets a lot of confidence.

6. We lose with Campbell, he gets a lot of real game experience and we move on toward the future.

There is nothing remarkable about scenarios 1-4, its either status quo or worse. 5-6 are the only moves toward improvement and the future.

29 yards passing and 1.8 yards per pass at the half. That is disgusting w/ the weapons we have. It's time to start getting Campbell ready to play.

Those stats would be disgusting from an NFL QB that had zero weapons. It's beyond disgusting with the weapons we have. It is completely unacceptable! :doh:

The only reason we lost that game last night is Mark Brunell. I cannot understand why Joe keeps him in the game. Joe is a smart man but Ray Charles can see that Mark Brunell has no business being on the field as a starter. After the snap Brunell runs backwards 15 yards and then stands there, pumps the ball like he is going to throw, but just waits to either get sacked or toss the ball away. It is the most frustrating thing to watch. Campbell will never be ready if he does not get any play time. Take Brunell out, put Campbell in and let him try to develop. NO MORE MARK BRUNELL!!!!

At this level, good QBs are supposed to beat pressure.

That's actually one of the ways you weaken opposing pass rushes. If you can deliver strikes in the face of a pass rush then rushers have to worry about getting hands up instead of just pinning their ears back and charging at the passer. Brunell can't do it, when pressured he takes his eyes off his wide outs and runs for his life. He's completely ineffective.

Here's what I'm worried will happen:

Brunell starts against the Texans, plays well (because it's the Texans), and you all forget about how bad he sucked previously until it's too late, when he's killed the team (again) and JC has no experience.

It's the same feeling I had after watching him do absolutely nothing against the Bears and absolutely nothing for 3.5 quarters against the Cowboys last year. The second he hit those two passes to Moss, I knew he'd be impossible to get rid of and the Skins couldn't win a Super Bowl.

Archived