Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MNF opener draws ESPN's highest rating ever

LaRou

NFL.com wire reports

NEW YORK (Sept. 12, 2006) -- ESPN's first regular-season Monday night NFL game under the new contract drew the cable network's biggest audience ever.

The game between the Minnesota Vikings and Washington Redskins, won 19-16 by Minnesota, drew a 9.9 rating, representing an average of between nearly 9.2 million and 12.57 million households, the network said. The previous record was 8.9 million households on Christmas Day 2004 for a game between Detroit and Miami.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9656212

Generally we aren't good on Monday nights. Of course who could forget 2005 MNF at Dallas.

The only other Monday night victory I can remember in recent times is when Jeff George led the Redskins to beat the Rams in St. Louis in 2000.

Generally we aren't good on Monday nights. Of course who could forget 2005 MNF at Dallas.

The only other Monday night victory I can remember in recent times is when Jeff George led the Redskins to beat the Rams in St. Louis in 2000.

You're forgetting Spurrier's MNF debut against the Jets in 2003. Oh, and Hall won that game for us. :)

Just like last year at Dallas?

How quickly we forget...

You beat me to it.

People are fascinated by the skins whether they want to admit it or not.

Whether its good media coverage or bad, it gives people who aren't normally skins fans a reason to watch.

Besides, how can you not help but watch one of the few storied franchises in the NFL?

Archived