Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tony Richardson, advantage Vikings??

Lavarleap56

I was just re watching the game and started wondering about Tony Richardson and how he was obviously very familiar with Saunders offense. I know things change from year to year but i wonder how much Tony Richardson helped the vikes Defense get ready for this match-up.

Any thoughts?

No. The skins were effective in moving the ball downfield, they just were unimaginative and lazy (IMO) in the redzone.

But speaking of Richardson. I believe that Larry Johnson is not going to have near the year that people thought in KC with them losing Saunders, Richardson and their two tackles.

Good post.

Considering how the run game was so effectively shut down I think it would be pretty naive to think he couldn't give them some pointers on how to stop it.

Richardson not only played in it for years, but he played very well.

~Bang

No. The skins were effective in moving the ball downfield, they just were unimaginative and lazy (IMO) in the redzone.

But speaking of Richardson. I believe that Larry Johnson is not going to have near the year that people thought in KC with them losing Saunders, Richardson and their two tackles.

Agreed with you on LJ. I took Tomlinson at the #3 overall slot in my draft and am looking like a really smart guy right now. I thought of LJ as a #3 overall pick for those same reasons.

As for the red zone offense, why the hell didn't we do the rollout pass that netted like 75% of our TDs in the redzone last year?

As for the red zone offense, why the hell didn't we do the rollout pass that netted like 75% of our TDs in the redzone last year?

I was SHOCKED that the skins didn't bring TJ in on 2nd &3 from the 4yard line and either pound him up the middle or play action to him (which you know would have resulted in the LBs and DL buying) with a roll-out pass to TE.

I was SHOCKED that the skins didn't bring TJ in on 2nd &3 from the 4yard line and either pound him up the middle or play action to him (which you know would have resulted in the LBs and DL buying) with a roll-out pass to TE.

Yeah, isn't that why we traded away future draft picks for Duckett in the first place?

Archived