Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just met Brian Dawkins

justme

He came in to our studio to shoot a promo for juvenile diabetes. Really nice, soft spoken guy. I asked him to take it easy on Portis this year. He smiled and said, "I'm not going to be able to do that" or something along those lines. We talked for a good bit but not much more about football. I know I hate talking about work when I'm not there so I didn't want to put him through another football related Q and A session. When we were done he signed autographs and took pictures with all those that asked. I couldn't bring myself to do it for karma puproses. I'm a life long skins fan but Dawk's a guy I've always really admired. I just wish he'd stop suplexing my wide outs :silly: Pat Croce was there for the taping too. Another really nice guy.

You know, you could have given him some flu germs or something. :laugh:

Nice story.

It's usally hard to dislike a class guy when not in the other teams' uniform.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, and this might be a stupid question, but tr1......who are those peoople in your sig. They look familiar, and I want to say he is a mobster of some sort, but I've been staring at him for days and can't figure it out.

Edit.... Oh wait....Is it Jack Kent Cooke?

Don't mean to hijack this thread, and this might be a stupid question, but tr1......who are those peoople in your sig. They look familiar, and I want to say he is a mobster of some sort, but I've been staring at him for days and can't figure it out.

Yes it's Don Kent Cooke

JKC and his wild wife (well, one of them.) They had a rocky relationship after she was travelling in Georgetown with a stud on her car hood....something like that...

It made for great reading.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/longterm/cooke/articles/chron.htm

May 5, 1990 — Cooke marries Marlena Remallo Chalmers, who served 3½ months in federal prison in the 1980s for conspiring to import cocaine into the country. The marriage is declared void 3½ years later because Chalmers' divorce from a previous husband was ruled invalid.

Jan. 26, 1992 — Redskins win Super Bowl XXVI, beating Buffalo 37-24.

Aug. 24, 1992 — Redskins move into Redskin Park, Cooke's new state-of-the-art training facility in Ashburn, Va.

March 5, 1993 — Gibbs resigns, citing personal reasons, ending one of the greatest coaching careers in NFL history.

July 1995 — Cooke re-marries Marlena Remallo Chalmers.

Brian Dawkins tend to flex too much for my liking . . . After every play it seems that he has to show off . . . You should've asked him if he can remember TRYING to tackle big number 45. . . He probably doesn't . . . Although, he might still have a sore back after it got planted into the ground.:eaglesuck

i doubt he remembers trying to tackle him. i doubt he wants to remember that:laugh: :eaglesuck

Archived