Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My price for gas: $2.17/gallon

Beaudry

It is $2.07 at some of the stations in Cincinnati today. Ohio went from one of the most expensive to the lowest average in the country--many think the upcoming election is the reason ;)

I had to pay $2.55 to fill up the rental car over the weekend in Maryland and was not happy.

Jackie

There are plenty of people that ruin debate around here. Some of them agree with you, that is the difference.

It has nothing to do with debate. I don't think that there has ever been any honest debate here. That would require deliberation and consideration, neither of which have I ever witnessed in this forum. I don't think that even one person's opinion has ever been even mildly changed from their initial view by any arguments offered on any subject.

My point was to the proclivity of some here to inject politics into almost any subject matter.

My dog sheds? I must be a liberal.

Ingrown toenails? Only happens to conservatives.

Etc, etc, etc.

Now, to get back on track...2.74 @ Mobil today.

it is $2.06 in Iowa today.

seven straight days of oil futures market dropping..

just remember- it is all Bush's fault.

Oh I remember. I remember 1999

Monday, February 22, 1999

Gasoline prices in the United States reached an all-time inflation-adjusted low in February, dropping to less than $1 per gallon nationwide. The average cost of gasoline for all grades and including taxes reached 99.8 cents per gallon on February 18 according to the Lundberg Survey of 10,000 gas stations nationwide.

After 18 months of perpetually declining prices, however, gas prices might soon begin to inch upwards. "The price cutting is faster and deeper than it’s been so far this year, but it is probably fizzing out," Trilby Lundberg told the Associated Press. "Behind the average price fall are a few lonely no-change (prices) or price hikes here and there, from which I infer that retailers and their suppliers can’t take it anymore."

Add increased demand in the spring along with pollution control measures that will likely add to the cost of gas, and American consumers will likely see an upward correction over the next few months.

So much for those who 3 years ago were predicting an imminent oil shortage and massive price hikes.

Source:

Gas prices dip to less than $1. Associated Press, February 21, 1999.

It's 2.65 a gallon here, 45 miles from the nearest refinery.

Archived