Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

my rant regarding this whole manning story line

wow, this whole manning vs manning thing is getting out of control. granted, its an interesting story line, brother vs brother. but i dont want to be saturated with friggin clips of them in pop warner football, high school football, college football, and then their nfl teams. in addition to all the sappy interviews with the both of them, and their father, and mother, and brother. at this rate they might as well be interviewing their dad's cousin's mother's uncle's step sister. i mean c'mon, i dont want to see a segment on how this game will affect their mother, its not the end of the world, this is football, no one wants a sob story. and if the TV execs felt like they needed to include a heart touching story, they should have done a segment on sept 11, which by far exceeds the importance of momma manning's reaction to her sons playing. sorry for the rant, i just had to get that off my chest.

Furthermore the powers that be have never hyped the Barber brother matchup as much as they should have. At least Ronde can lay a hit on Tiki during the game. Aside from passing the ball and watching the other brother play the matchup seems pedestrian comparitively speaking. But I guess it comes from their pedigree, sons of a mediocre QB who played for a ****ty team. Although I think I'm more disgusted in the hype, because they do in fact have talent.

To tell you the truth, I thought it was kind of cool seeing Peyton Manning playing football (uni and all) at age 3.

My only problem with the Manning vs. Manning hype is that Eli simply is nowhere near Peyton's class in any way, shape or form and yet to listen to the media, you'd think those two are 1 and 1a in terms of QBs in the league.

Eli's got the last name, but that's were the similarities between him and Peyton end.

To tell you the truth, I thought it was kind of cool seeing Peyton Manning playing football (uni and all) at age 3.

My only problem with the Manning vs. Manning hype is that Eli simply is nowhere near Peyton's class in any way, shape or form and yet to listen to the media, you'd think those two are 1 and 1a in terms of QBs in the league.

Eli's got the last name, but that's were the similarities between him and Peyton end.

Agreed.

Eli's stat line looked a lot better than he actually played. His receivers bailed him out a lot. I suppose part of the strategy is to just get the ball in the area of Burress and let his size take over, but I wouldn't count on the WR tipping the ball to himself in order to make a play. Certainly not twice. That's a recipe for disaster.

Peyton just has an extra feel for the game that Eli just doesn't have. No shame in that - most QBs don't. But the fact is that if Eli's last name was Mann, he wouldn't get nearly the hype (nor the endorsements). At this point, he just isn't all that special.

Two good starting QB's, number one overall draft picks, brothers, did was a good NFL QB, opening weekend, first Sunday night game, certainly the hyped the matchup. They did a good job of marketing the game and thankfully now it's over. Also thankfully Peyton won! I think Indy gave the game ball to Plax!;)

Archived