Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SPurrier

StevieInferior

You thought it was bad that Spurrier came her with all his QBs and had a little neptoism with on eof his son's on the coaching staff. Well I turned to the SC/GA game (first play I saw was a sack). But it made me visit the the USA site and saw the following player:

http://uscsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/spurrier_scott00.html

Interesting considering that he played local and I heard nothing of D1 interest

You thought it was bad that Spurrier came her with all his QBs and had a little neptoism with on eof his son's on the coaching staff. Well I turned to the SC/GA game (first play I saw was a sack). But it made me visit the the USA site and saw the following player:

As in interesting that Coy Gibbs took the head job of running Joe Gibbs Racing after Gibbs left the organization when perhaps more qualified candidates were available?

It's called the spoils system, man. Everyone does it.

:logo:

As in interesting that Coy Gibbs took the head job of running Joe Gibbs Racing after Gibbs left the organization when perhaps more qualified candidates were available?

Coy does not run JGR, he's our offensive quality control coach (waterboy)

First off you are refferring to JD....Coy is a QC coach on the Skins. Big difference there. First of all a QC coach is an entry level coach that basically watches hours and hours of film looking for tendacies in players. Far from glorious and one that JG gave him as an opportunity to prove himself. As for JD, he is practicing as a president of a company, not coach or player. His role in running the business is not as big of a deal to me, given that it is a family business. A spot on a D1 team is one that is a very scarce position that requires much talent and ability. I question whether that ability is there given that his name was not heard in this area outside of being da ball coach's son

First off you are refferring to JD....Coy is a QC coach on the Skins. Big difference there. First of all a QC coach is an entry level coach that basically watches hours and hours of film looking for tendacies in players. Far from glorious and one that JG gave him as an opportunity to prove himself. As for JD, he is practicing as a president of a company, not coach or player. His role in running the business is not as big of a deal to me, given that it is a family business. A spot on a D1 team is one that is a very scarce position that requires much talent and ability. I question whether that ability is there given that his name was not heard in this area outside of being da ball coach's son

All I'm saying [and I'm not trying to knock on Gibbs here] is that a spot on a D1 football team requiring talent and ability is not more scarce than a spot running a Nascar team requiring business savvy and ability.

All I'm saying [and I'm not trying to knock on Gibbs here] is that a spot on a D1 football team requiring talent and ability is not more scarce than a spot running a Nascar team requiring business savvy and ability.

Agreed that it is scarce, but it is what it is running a business. it can be argued that learning to run a business is easier "to pick up" than it is to play football at the second highest level in the nation.

FYI, Schottenheimer not only had his brother as defensive coordinator, but he also had his son on the team as quality control. Spurrier as you indicated was next in line with a bit of nepotism and Gibbs's son is also Quality Control for the Skins. This goes on throughout the league.

Archived