Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Portis Speaks

Its selfish for us to want Portis on the field. If Portis says he is not 100%...he's not 100%. I've been saying it all along that Portis should sit the opener out because we don't NEED him for this Vikings team. I'm not looking past the Vikes, but I am being a realist. We NEED a fresh and healthy Portis for Dallas.

I would rather a 75-80% Portis sit out against the Vikes, then see him play get banged up and play next week at Dallas at 75% again. This is why people say that this injury will hinder him for the season, because Portis is a soldier and will play with the injury which will cause him to a.) play at 75% the whole season or b.) re-aggravate the injury and cause him to miss the times we are going to need him most.

Well, my fantasy team is screwed in my other league now. Because of the Dolphins/Steelers game tonight my rosters are locked in for the entire weekend :mad: . Although my opponent in my first league was starting Portis, so he's screwed now too.

It sounds like it's for the better that Portis sits. I figured he'd be better than 75% though, I mean Dallas is only a little over a week away and I don't know how he'll improve another 25% in time. That certainly worries me a little.

Its selfish for us to want Portis on the field. If Portis says he is not 100%...he's not 100%. I've been saying it all along that Portis should sit the opener out because we don't NEED him for this Vikings team. I'm not looking past the Vikes, but I am being a realist. We NEED a fresh and healthy Portis for Dallas.

I would rather a 75-80% Portis sit out against the Vikes, then see him play get banged up and play next week at Dallas at 75% again. This is why people say that this injury will hinder him for the season, because Portis is a soldier and will play with the injury which will cause him to a.) play at 75% the whole season or b.) re-aggravate the injury and cause him to miss the times we are going to need him most.

We do need him. We're in a funk right now and we need to break out in a big way.

If we lose to the Vikings at home...we are starting the season 0-2 because we won't be able to beat Dallas on the road without establishing momentum and holding home court.

if the Redskins are truly a contender, they will show enough as a team to beat a first year head coach bringing in a club with lesser talent on Monday Night :)

Portis isn't going to be able to play every game during his Redskins career. Neither will Moss, Cooley, Brunell, Springs, Griffin, Taylor, Washington or any of the other core players.

But with Betts and Duckett on deck this team should be able to work up enough points with them and ARE, Moss and Lloyd to defeat the Minnesota Vikings.

Things could be worse. We could be missing our starting quarterback like the Steelers are tonight...............

We do need him. We're in a funk right now and we need to break out in a big way.

If we lose to the Vikings at home...we are starting the season 0-2 because we won't be able to beat Dallas on the road without establishing momentum and holding home court.

Yes, we're in a funk. We haven't won a game all season. :rolleyes:

And we had SO much momentum last year by losing our starting quarterback and stealing a 9-7 victory. :rolleyes:

I'm actually starting to get a kick out of all of the uncertainty surrounding our debut on Monday night. I don't know what to expect anymore.

Will we be brilliant? Will we suck? Will we be mediocre?

I have no idea, and that makes me all the more eager for Monday night.

Being an optimist (show me a successful pessimist), until I see otherwise I'm going to believe that the entire pre-season has been one of the greatest rope-a-dopes in league history.

Archived