Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Death and dying - strange time of year

Coooleeey

What's up everyone.

I've noticed over the last several years that most deaths or injuries seem to happen around this time of year. Is this just me or does it seem like the end of summer, early fall is like this?

never thought about it that way, nor do I know of any statistics, but metaphoricaly it is the begining of the end for you northerners as fall and winter are licking their chops in antisapation of chilling you to the bone :laugh::laugh:

for us, the hot summer is coming to end and I look forward to 8 months of

perfect weather

:drool:

It's very common for deaths to occur at the change of season. My wife works in a nursing home and spring/fall deaths are very common.

I was hoping someone knew some more info. The strange thing it that not all of the deaths are from ill people, they are from accidents as well.

I was hoping someone knew some more info. The strange thing it that not all of the deaths are from ill people, they are from accidents as well.
Maybe because people are most active in the spring and fall, since that's the time of year when the weather is the best over much of the country?

never thought about it that way, nor do I know of any statistics, but metaphoricaly it is the begining of the end for you northerners as fall and winter are licking their chops in antisapation of chilling you to the bone :laugh::laugh:

for us, the hot summer is coming to end and I look forward to 8 months of

perfect weather

:drool:

nah, not the begining of the end, for me anyways. I love the cold, I only like heat if I'm in or right near water, otherwise, bring on winter. My favorite time of year.

• 1 year later...

Another year, another round of people passing away.

My sisters best friend just died Friday. She was in a freak accident, hit her head and wound up in a coma. They pulled the plug and 8 people got her organs. 32 yrs old

The 46 yr old wife of a good friend at work passed out and died on his bathroom floor. She had minor surgery and was suffering from internal bleeding.

I got two other but I won't bore you with them.

In the last couple years, I've lost 3 close friends/relatives, all of them suddenly, all of them much too young, all around this time of year. It's really affected me. I go and visit the cemetary, then come back home and post the darkest, most morbid "humor"...

Now that I think of it, all the deaths that have affected me have happened in either August, September, or October, even if I go back as far as I can remember.

Death sucks.

Archived