Starting QB who?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Starting QB who?

• Mark Brunell
    • Brunell w/short leash for Campbell
    • Brunell w/short leash for Collins
    • Jason Campbell
    • Todd Collins

actually, I am hoping the opener will be very loud. Last years opener against the Bears was one of the loudest games of the season - one one defensive series the crowd was so loud we contributed to like three consecutive false starts by the Bears. It kept getting louder after each one.

Preseason has been lame though, I really hope (and have no reason to think it would) it doesnt carry over until the SKINs show signs of life.

Ive only been to a few NFL stadiums, but Fedex is the loudest by far when everyone is in to it.

actually, I am hoping the opener will be very loud. Last years opener against the Bears was one of the loudest games of the season - one one defensive series the crowd was so loud we contributed to like three consecutive false starts by the Bears. It kept getting louder after each one.

Preseason has been lame though, I really hope (and have no reason to think it would) it doesnt carry over until the SKINs show signs of life.

Ive only been to a few NFL stadiums, but Fedex is the loudest by far when everyone is in to it.

Don't worry - it will be LOUD! That opener against the Bears was intense! Those three false starts just rocked! The frustration on their faces was great. Here's a link to a great article from the Wash Post comparing RFK to the brand new Fed Ex Field. Brings back some good memories.

I can't wait for 9/11!!!!!!!:point2sky

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/longterm/1997/stadium/special/articles/homefield.htm

I've heard it be really loud, like at the Dallas game last year. But it is not the loudest stadium in the NFL. It wasn't designed very well, IMO.

You are right ... the design is terrible for retaining the sound (it goes straight up and out), but I think the fans do a great job of trying to make it as loud as possible, especially when we are on defense (which is the way that it should be).

I tried to use the search function to find the threads on those groups of people who sat at the top of the stadium and banged on the huge metal sheets up at the top to make the loud “thunder” noises. I have season tickets this year and will be sitting at the very top - I wanted to bump one of those threads back up to the front page so people would get hyped up for it again this year. Can anyone find that thread?

in the fourth quarter, after we clinched the win, everybody in the stadium should start the we want dallas chant. that would be the coolest thing to see especially on monday night football.

I started a thread on this ages ago. Would be fantastic to hear it on my TV.

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

According to Tampa Bay Coach John Gruden, the loudest stadium he's been in was FedEx field the first game of the season Coach Gibbs returned. :cheers:

If FedEx had a roof we'd all be deaf by now. :silly:

I agree that Monday night will be insane...:allhail:

Are you ready for some football Extremeskins?:vikesuck:

Having not been to FedEx field I can't say but it sounded loud several times last season. Nothing to match the intensity of the shaking stands of RFK when the "We want Dallas" chant went up while they interviewed Mr. Cooke before the NFC championship game. Not that I was there but it made a lasting impression from TV. Everytime I watch the DVD of it, it just gives me goosebumps.

With 90,000 plus it would seem more than adequate to make some noise. I just think the 'Skins haven't had enough sustained sucess lately to make it as frenzied as the old days at RFK. More seasons like last season and that should all change.

I hope they continue to play the "Hey" music on kickoffs after we score so we can continue chanting "Hey.....YOU SUCK". I think everyone loves that one. I havent heard anything like that at other stadiums, and I think its great that the other team can actually understand what we are yelling at them.

I wonder where that started anyway...?

I hope they continue to play the "Hey" music on kickoffs after we score so we can continue chanting "Hey.....YOU SUCK". I think everyone loves that one. I havent heard anything like that at other stadiums, and I think its great that the other team can actually understand what we are yelling at them.

I wonder where that started anyway...?

I was at the Dallas game last year when they did that, the announcer was able to time it perfectly, by the second touchdown every one was screaming it. The Dallas kickoff team took their time getting on the field after a while.

Archived