Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First Team Offense NEVER SCORED in 4 games?

smartestmaninamerica

Pittsburgh was 3-1-0 in the preseason last year. They did not score an offensive first team TD though. It doesn't mean anything though...it's preseason. Let Dallas talk after week 1. They will belong to us. I guarantee it. It's a lock!

The past ten SB champs have been a combined 29-12....that doesn't matter either. The Colts went undefeated for 13 weeks last year... that didn't matter. Guess what... neither did their 0-4 preseason start. Preseason is soon forgotten after week one. We were 1-3 last year.... Playoffs. We want Minnesota.

Bingo... :applause:

Not only that... but Pitt started the season really slow. Their record at one point just wasn't very good and it looked like they weren't going to make the playoffs.

Of course they did and they won it all, but it wasn't because they started playing well from opening day. They had issues.

I'm afraid that we're going to start out pretty slow too. I just hope that we end the season the same way they did!

But preseason does matter. Preseason scores don't... but preseason does. Play well (score aside) and usually you'll start out the season playing well. Play crappy and usually you'll start the season playing crappy.

That isn't always the case 100% of the time, but typically that follows suit.

Exactly...they were 7-5 (I think) and went on a tear, winning all the way up to--and including--the Super Bowl. The Skins were 5-6 and went on a tear winning all the way into the 2nd round of the playoffs. The Skins went 2-6 in the middle of the season, and still ended up coming within one game of the NFC Championship. The Skins went 7 1/2 quarters without scoring a TD last season, and ended up with the #11 offense for the year. The Skins defense barely recorded any sacks or turnovers in the first 8 games of the season, and ended the year with 15 sacks and 17 turnovers in the last five games.

Anyone thinking that a slow start, rough patch of games or a few weeks of less-than-stellar productivity is indicative of how an entire year of a Joe Gibbs-coached team will perform is insane.

Argh...just once for everyone's benefit:

Pittsburgh did NOT go 0-4 last preseason...lol :laugh:

Write it on a sticky and tape it to your monitors, people... ;)

Nobody reads the entire thread, Califan -- I'm setting the over/under for additional "Pittsburgh went 0-4 in the preseason last year" posts at 10. :laugh:

Archived