Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Concerns about TE's

JRAB

Not even worrying about how we looked tonight. Not even thinking about our pathetic offensive output. Not even bringing up our inability to stop the run... I'm concerned about opposing TE's.

If we can't do something about the TE's we are going to be in trouble this year. I don't know why we couldn't stop Watson, but we better fix it.

Teams will kill us this year with the TE's. That's not even thinking about Dallas and their two TE set. We have got to buckle down and fix that aspect of the D.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why we couldn't stop Watson? I'm afraid that we got severely taken when we paid Adam Archuleta big bucks. He's terrible and his TE coverage is going to lose us games.

So 40 and 98 played poorly? What about 21? His coverage was awful. Sean looks like he may have trimmed up in the off-season and somehow managed to get slower. How does this happen? Slow coverage across the board hurt us. DB's every single play were either playing a safe 7 yards off their man or were completely beaten over the top. It was like Walt Harris against the Giants nonstop for 3 hours. The best play by a DB was Carlos and he got flagged twice for interference--both times very fairly. I'm not going to start any venting threads but if someone else wants to: Ladell runs like he wants to prove to everyone he's 6'0" and I didn't hear the name Andre Carter once.

the Redskins should have an advantage in scheming vs. the tight end in the passing game due to Taylor's speed and Marshall's having been a college safety. These guys have proven they can cover in the regular season they just didn't get the job done tonight.

I think everyone on defense is aware of what the injuries to Springs and to the DL mean in these last preseason games, that the D is going to be vulnerable to the outside and that quarterbacks are going to get some time to throw.

Griffin and Daniels slowed means that Carter is basically out there by himself rushing the passer and any offense can slow ONE player down if they commit enough resources to the job.

Archived