Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Living in Pittsburgh, I get jabs everyday about ARE...

Commander Adama

Everyone knows I am a Redskin Fan here. Either being from a Redskin Helmet that sits on my Desk at work, a jersey, or me being vocal about it. After the acquisition of ARE they always make reference to overspending for ARE, to which my response is always "It seems funny that you would say that seeing as though people here loved Randle El, and without him I don't know if you would have won that Superbowl". 9 times out of 10 they usually nod in agreement and mumble something about that's still a lot of money. I try to soothe their pang of loss by telling them "Well his base Salary this season is Vet minimum and with the Signing Bonus pro-rated over the length of the contract he'll make a total of between 2 and 3 million this year. Not too bad for a player who is a more than capable Wide Receiver, gives 100% on every play, and could help you win a Superbowl, eh?"

Three things prompted me to post this: Someone said this to me yesterday for the umpteenth time, I'm tired of the multitude of threads regarding the same thing, and I saw an Atlanta fan post nice things about TJ Duckett. The last one really stood out to me though, since most fans when they lose a good player start attacking the player, like kids on a playground who are jealous they lost their prized marble (OK I'm dating myself on that one) and have to convince themselves they didn't want it anyway ("That's fine I didn't like that marble anyway!") ala these Steeler Fans.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Steeler Fans; They're just not Redskin fans.

Here's to the Redskins getting Randle El! HTTR :cheers:

i JUST moved here three days ago because i'm going to school at Duquesne. i'm already sick of the black and gold.
Lol, they're everywhere here! I work for FedEx in the Corporate Office and they allow people to wear their Steeler Jerseys on Fridays during the season. They even had Roethlisberger up to the Office for a speech. I'll let you in on a little secret though...Dan Sullivan, the CEO of FedEx Ground goes to just about every Redskins Home Game, since they do have the Corporate Box (I'm crying at the thought that I can never get those tickets).

I live two hours south of pittsburgh in MD. All kinds of steelers fans everywhere. Cant stand them... I even made a whole thread about my hatred for the black and gold once. HATE. Yes, a strong word.

Hey it could be worse... You could like in Oakland Ca. and deal with black and silver instead :D

I went to school in Pittsburgh, ya gotta admit though, theyre good fans. After living there they became my favorite AFC team if that's possible. I never really gave 2 ****s for any AFC team before that. Obviously they are a solid 10 miles below the Redskins, but I don't hate them.

During the Kordell to Tommy Maddux era was annoying as hell though. Thinking Tommy was there savior just made me laugh. I hope this doesn't come out as bad as I'm sure its going to, but anyone who says there paralyzed and than 'comes back' and continues to play football, strikes me as kind od a drama queen blowing a hit out of proportion.

Just my home from :cheers: from the bar :2cents:

been in the Burgh since 96, wear the B&G proudly. I get the same jabs about ARE. Snyder always overpays..blah blah..they get some slack from me b/c there are the champs. But as each day goes by this team is looking more and more like the old school squads of my childhood.

Top to bottom this roster is solid..we just need D. Green back!:laugh:

No more injuries...PLEASE!

Back to the burgh, they dont like to pay anybody, but they will HAVE to break the bank for Polamalu.

The last one really stood out to me though, since most fans when they lose a good player start attacking the player, like kids on a playground who are jealous they lost their prized marble (OK I'm dating myself on that one) and have to convince themselves they didn't want it anyway ("That's fine I didn't like that marble anyway!") ala these Steeler Fans.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Steeler Fans; They're just not Redskin fans.

Here's to the Redskins getting Randle El! HTTR :cheers:

Ya, LaVar sux...haha seriously though i really used to like him but his knees suk and he'll never be anywhere near the ability of his first couple years.

Here's to Randle El...he's bailed me out more then once in Madden as well and I'm sure he'll earn his money. :cheers:

Archived