Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tj Duckett=Larry Johnson?

redskinsfanjm30

Does anyone believe that Duckett could be the equivalent of Larry Johnson in our new Offense? Im not saying he's going to have the same season as LJ but they do have similar styles and I think thats what Joe Gibbs and Al were thinking when they made the trade. He will get goal line and short yardage plays but I do believe they will use he and CP the same way they did Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson. He has the Potential to do it but we will have to see when the season starts.

Yeah, there is really no parallel in running styles. Neither of our backs are anything like either Holmes/Johnson. Personally, I like their styles mixed together more than Holmes and LJ. Portis and Duckett are very different runners, while Holmes and Larry J are extremely similar-style runners. The Portis/Duckett combination is an excellent thing for this offense. Just think of the goal line package: Duckett, Sellers, Cooley and Fauria. :drool:

What number is Duckett going to wear?

Duckett is more like Mike Alstott but with more speed. I bet the numbers would show this too. Both guys are very large men used by their respective teams to run some people over on short yardage play. The difference is that Duckett with his speed has a bit more big play potential.

(Breath) 10,9,8,7,6,.......

J/K

As easy as it would be to just begin ranting about the ridiculous nature of this thought, it wouldn't provide much feedback so I will refrain from doing so and give you my honest opinion.

No I don't think that Duckett will be used like LJ for some obvious reasons:

He doesnt have the same athleticism that LJ does so that right there would make it hard for comparison.

Duckett IMO will be used as more of a short yardage back but if anyone was to be used the way Holme/Johnson was I think it would be Betts/Portis. (Not saying Betts is like LJ either).

Duckett does provide a different style to our backfield so I could see him and CP back there with CP used as the pass catching back at times.

Depending on who we keep after the roster cuts, our backfield seems to be in position to create some problems for opposing defenses given Saunders creativity.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see:whoknows:

Duckett is more like Mike Alstott but with more speed. I bet the numbers would show this too. Both guys are very large men used by their respective teams to run some people over on short yardage play. The difference is that Duckett with his speed has a bit more big play potential.

I would also submit that Alstott has a slightly bigger problem fumbling the ball.

I just hope that he can pick up those 700 pages of offense real quick just in case CP isn't ready for the opening game

The running back position is always the easiest to pick up. Their terminology is never difficult, a reason rookies always do well at that position. Besides, he's only got to know, "Get two yards, follow the big guy wearing your old number."

I wouldnt give Duckett expectations this high (=Larry Johnson??). I think we brought him in to get TD's in goal line situations, and then to share the load with CP (if injured), Betts, and Rock.

I don't really think we brought TJ in to be a full time back in CP's absence, but rather just to share the load and to pound teams in short yardage situations.

1/5 of LJ is 300 yards a season. I think Duckett is more than capable of 300 yards a season. Especially if they use a CP/Duckett combo often.

He won't and they won't. If he has 300 yards and 5-8 TDs for us it's a success in my opinion.

Who cares if TJ is or is not similar to other players within the NFL.... We aren't talking about the Xbox madden football game here!!!!! Bottom line.....TJ was added to our roster to add more options for our offense..... I believe this coaching staff wanted a full back type of runner w/speed who can get goal line TD's and short yardage when needed.....I wouldn't doubt we will see TJ and Portis in the backfield at the same time together .....Adding TJ adds confusion for opposing teams...I think it was a great pickup...Hail Joe

Does anyone believe that Duckett could be the equivalent of Larry Johnson in our new Offense? Im not saying he's going to have the same season as LJ but they do have similar styles and I think thats what Joe Gibbs and Al were thinking when they made the trade. He will get goal line and short yardage plays but I do believe they will use he and CP the same way they did Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson. He has the Potential to do it but we will have to see when the season starts.

OH MY GOOOOODDD.. you guys are just too much sometimes. you just are way too too much. this is absolutely hillarious. this is just too funny.

sorry, I forgot, did Ducket drink the burgundy coolaid at the door? check his body and see if there is a big burgundy (or could be gold) S on his chest. I think he just turned into superman or superrunner.

Hmmm, I think Duckett might be more like a Jamal Lewis (pre-injury/arrest let's hope) if utilized properly:

TJ= 6' 0", 254lbs, 5yrs exp

JL= 5' 11", 245lbs, 7yrs exp

Whatever, I hope they still plan on keeping Ladell Betts. The guy has done a lot for us and seems like a consumate team player.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=2831673#

Archived