Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How can you not just love S. Davis??!!

matty dread

Does that guy have guts or what? I cringed when he went down and I had a feeling he was out for the year. But when they didn't immediately take him in to the locker room I knew it was a good sign. I was thinking, well maybe he'll miss a few games. (Keep in mind I was watching the game at the bar with no sound on, so I had no idea what exactly was wrong with him).

But then after the half he starts warming up and I'm like, no way! What a gamer he is, he comes back in, rushes for 59 yards and scores twice. That was one of the most gutsy performances I've ever seen.

Davis is a pure gamer, a true baller. We need to find a way to keep him in a Redskins uniform for the rest of his career. I was proud as all hell to be sporting my Davis jersey while watching the game at the bar. Davis is the heart and soul of this team, we can't let a guy like him walk away. I hope the front office is smart enough to realize the intangibles that Davis brings to the table. You just can't measure his value.

That showed a lot of heart. Coming back proves why he is

an All Pro. Seeing in the huddle had to give Ramsey confidence.

With Davis in the backfield the Defense will have to play Ramsey

a little more straight forward. Load 8 in the box to stop Davis

and Spurrier will call plays to burn them.

Davis is one tough SOB. Remember all the hand wringing about his groin pull a few weeks ago. I said the same thing then. Stephen Davis isn't going to let a little groin pull, or even sprianed knee ligaments keep him off the field. He's a true throwback player and he's got as much - if not more - heart than any player in the league. Damn I love that guy.

"Davis is a pure gamer, a true baller".

And then some!

Honestly, I wish his agent could find some way to get him more exposure somehow . . . becasue while I don't give an ish about whether the rest of the league knows, I really feel that most Skins fans take him for granted at about the same proportion as Americans take our security for granted. It's overlooked until it's gone. It further kills me that everyone seems to be resigned to the fact that it'll be impossible somehow to re-sign him. Why so? He's not so young as to warrant impossible-to-match attention from other clubs; and since many contracts are negotiated based upon what other guys get, the Skins should be able to get him at 7 per as Faulk is paid. He can't claim to be better than Marshall; he won't want to jump to a lesser team (now that the Skins seem to have a chance to live up to the name), and I'm pretty sure he knows that the HBC will get him his yards and - gasp - prolongue his career by not Schottenheimering him into a nine-man box 35 times a game for the same yardage he'd get in 20 draws, traps and counters under S-dub.

Some RBs are irreplaceable, plain and simple. Remember the yahoos who claimed Betts would be as good as SD? Or Gillespie? Please. This dude is a WARRIOR. Ballin like there's no tomorrow. And did anyone else notice that the second he came in, Ramsey had open receivers? Without that diesel-powered Mack Truck in the backfield, it's QB tee time at the Fedex links.

Long live the beating heart of this offense.

Long live the HBC.

Long live the Kid.

And HTTR!

:notworthy

Don't get me wrong, I like Davis, and I would like for him to continue to improve his game and stay for his career.

I think his character is outstanding, and his charity work with the 9/11 families is heart-warmning.

But if he fumbles away a win again, he's not going to be worth a giant contract. Football is a business, after all: moral victories (like his effort in Dallas last year) aren't enough.

Come on, riggo. You've gotta be kidding. You can't object to locking up the heart and soul of this team for the rest of his career due to a bit of fumbleitis.

The good far outweighs the bad, and your concern is just petty.

I'm not petty, just realistic. And I'm pretty sure I made my fondness for Davis as a person fairly clear.

I want Davis to stay, but the question is whether the organization will be willing to pay him enough to stay.

There's already the legitimate concern that, despite Davis' strength, the team may decide that it needs help in other areas and that Betts offers reasonable value.

While Davis played with heart and grit, we also can't overlook the fact that the offense was moving without him too.

Davis will not get a superstar contract unless he proves he's not only effective, but indespensible.

That would have been easier had Marty remained the coach, but fumbling in crucial situations certainly doesn't help things. I just can't see Snyder and Mendes laying down the big bucks if Davis makes another critical fumble this year.

Enough with this fumbling crap already. Davis has one fumble on the year, let me repeat, ONE!

You wanna know how many guys have fumbled more? 14 other guys including the likes of Ricky Williams, Marshall Faulk, Ahman Green, Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry and Warrick Dunn to name a few, ALL HAVE FUMBLED MORE.

Saying Davis fumbles is just nitpicking, he doesn't fumble anymore than any other back.

Davis has 1245 career carries and 141 catches for 1386 career touches. Out of those 1386 touches he has 16 fumbles. That equals 1 fumble for every 86.625 touches.

Here are some other backs to compare:

Ahman Green: 1 in every 49.4 touches

Ricky Williams: 1 in every 46.7

Jerome Bettis: 1 in every 83

Priest Holmes: 1 in every 108.7

Marshal Faulk: 1 in every 90.5

Jamal Lewis: 1 in every 54.8

Fred Taylor: 1 in every 104

Curtis Martin: 1 in every 119

Corey Dillon: 1 in every 104

Eddie George: 1 in every 74.2

Emmitt Smith: 1 in every 83

As you can see, he falls pretty much in the middle of the pack. Faulk who is known for a guy who doesn't fumble, is actually not that much better off than Davis. You think Davis is a fumbler? Just check out Green and Williams! How would you like to have these guys carrying the rock?

The numbers don't lie. Davis is not a fumbler. There are alot of guys that are much worse off than Davis.

Let's put this fumbling issue to rest, please.

One more thing, the average of the above 11 examples equals 83.4, so Davis is slightly above average when compared to these other top backs. Chew on that.

This thread deserves another shot at the first page, because Davis is a COLD BEAST.

Matty, i'm sure that rellim or someone will try to claim that Davis' fumbles hurt us more because they came in "clutch" situations. Whatever. Brian Mitchell lost way more games for us with his fumbles, and sportswriters around the nation are lining up for some B-Mitch fellatio.

Davis is by far our best offensive player. The team goes nowhere without him right now.

Archived