Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Baltimore Sun - What a Rag

stroupjr

I was waiting on getting my haircut today so I picked up the Sports Page and it happened to be the Baltimore Sun. First, I hate the Sun, and the following increased my hatred for it.

Anyhow, my father is a lifelong Skins fan and he lives in Northern Baltimore County and he always complains about the lack of Skins coverage. They televise some games in this area so he at least desires a little newspaper coverage. Well, today they had multiple stories on the Skins since the pre-season hasn't went very well so far. One story was about the hype of a Super Bowl aspiring team that isn't very good. Some clown with a last name of Schmuck (I could not think of a more fitting name) just dogged the Skins. Another story cited Joe Gibbs disappointment (go figure) with the early results of the team. There was even a story about Clinton Portis and his aquarium in his bedroom with quotes to try to make CP look stupid.

It is amazing to me that there were more stories about the Redskins then the Ravens. I can't wait for the next time that we play the Ravens in a real season game and we kick their ***** and then see what the Sun's idiotic, no talent sports writers have to say. This is the only time that I would spend my throw away change to read that rag of a paper.

don't be surprised. the Baltimore paper looks at the Redskins the way they would look at a team from another city, as it should be :)

the Washington Post is the only paper that I know of that has a football and now a baseball team to follow and still puts articles on another city's teams on the front pages of its sports section.

it is really sad.

when I heard guys like Kornheiser that are willing to 'tell it like it is' on other issues at the Post try and defend this policy I got sick to my stomach.

as a guy that grew up rooting for the Yankees and then following them, he should know better.

Peter Schmuck is like a Tony K columnist. Both just do their weekly ramble, and its usually pretty entertaining. Schmuck will make a dig at the Skins here and there, but its mostly in fun. His Son is actually a Skins fan and likes to tease him.

As for the Sun, Roch Kubatko's Orioles blog on the website is awesome.

the Washington Post is the only paper that I know of that has a football and now a baseball team to follow and still puts articles on another city's teams on the front pages of its sports section.

it is really sad.

You probably could say the same for the NY Times as well.

Like it or not, the Post is a national newspaper that happens to carry some local stuff.

Jason

I was waiting on getting my haircut today so I picked up the Sports Page and it happened to be the Baltimore Sun. First, I hate the Sun, and the following increased my hatred for it.

Anyhow, my father is a lifelong Skins fan and he lives in Northern Baltimore County and he always complains about the lack of Skins coverage. They televise some games in this area so he at least desires a little newspaper coverage. Well, today they had multiple stories on the Skins since the pre-season hasn't went very well so far. One story was about the hype of a Super Bowl aspiring team that isn't very good. Some clown with a last name of Schmuck (I could not think of a more fitting name) just dogged the Skins. Another story cited Joe Gibbs disappointment (go figure) with the early results of the team. There was even a story about Clinton Portis and his aquarium in his bedroom with quotes to try to make CP look stupid.

It is amazing to me that there were more stories about the Redskins then the Ravens. I can't wait for the next time that we play the Ravens in a real season game and we kick their ***** and then see what the Sun's idiotic, no talent sports writers have to say. This is the only time that I would spend my throw away change to read that rag of a paper.

Baltimore isn't a part of Maryland in my book and many others... lol

The Baltimore Sun isn't a rag. It's a decent newspaper covering all-things Baltimorean - and that includes the Ravens, our regional rival. Respect the fact the Sun has a duty to slant their editorials and opinions any way they wish. If you have a problem with it, simply read another newspaper.

And for those of you trashing the City of Baltimore, put a cork in it. If you have issues with the way Maryland spends its money, write a letter to your state rep. The Stadium is not the place in ExtremeSkins to post inflammatory, political remarks.

Plenty of good people and great Skins fans live in Baltimore, and they don't deserve to have insults lobbed at them from folks living elsewhere. Have some respect and consideration for your fellow Skins fans - and if you're a Marylander, for the biggest city in your state. Keep in mind, the Port of Baltimore employs over 33,000 Marylanders and brings in over $1.5 billion in annual revenue for the Great State of Maryland.*

Though I live in Boston now, I'm a native Marylander who still spends a 30 days a year in Baltimore. I'm a diehard Skins fan, maintain my season tickets, and fly down for the games each fall. I don't come to ExtremeSkins expecting to see people trashing my city and state.

So think twice before you bash an entire region. Or preferably, simply take a hike.

(*Source = http://www.mdarchives.state.md.us/msa/mdmanual/01glance/html/port.html)

The Baltimore Sun isn't a rag. It's a decent newspaper covering all-things Baltimorean - and that includes the Ravens, our regional rival. Respect the fact the Sun has a duty to slant their editorials and opinions any way they wish. If you have a problem with it, simply read another newspaper.

Give me a break. The paper is a RAG. I am a Marylander, and proud of it but for the sports writers to have nothing better than to write garbage about the Redskins is simply unprofessional. You need to take your blinders off.

Archived