Look at these scores...

FunBunch7

21-27 loss to Atlanta

10-17 loss to Buffalo

17-24 loss to Chicago

24-37 loss to Denver

0-38 loss to Cincinatti

The Colts went 0-5 last pre season then started the year 11-0

The Skins were a whopping 1-3 in the pre season last year and still started out 3-0

I'm telling you...the fact that we are 0-2 is GOOD! The coaches are seeing who should be cut. When Spurrier was here and we went 4-1 and set a record for points scored...everyone looked great! Taylor Jacobs was a future Hall Of Famer...Shane Mathews was the next Joe Montana...

Guys, these pea season results mean absolutely NOTHING...

SEptember 11th, we have a fresh slate!

also, under coach Gibbs we went zero wins and 4 losses in the preseason, but still went on to win the Super Bowl that season. I think it was the Mark Rypien season.

Preseason isn't about victories or losses, it's all about evaluating depth.

I still know for a fact that come Sept. 11 on MNF, we will crush the Vikings. I guarantee it.

God will you guys STOP the spinning please........the fact is most of those first team offenses moved the ball effectively and SCORED. After that they get pulled out and the scrubs take over. Our first team hasn't done squat yet, and I do hope they work out this being in synch with each other STUFF out. Or else its gonna be ugly for the first couple of weeks.:gaintsuck

You are all correct EXCEPT

Colts first string offense/defense looked like a starting offense/defense

Our starting offense has yet to look that way.

Same went for gibbs superbowl team.

The ONLY worthy evaluation was when the starters were out.

Starters only....my grades....

Game 1 - Skins D - A Skins O - C

Game 2 - Skins D - C Skins O - C

Our starting O needs some work. I think the D will be fine.

You are all correct EXCEPT

Colts first string offense/defense looked like a starting offense/defense

Our starting offense has yet to look that way.

Same went for gibbs superbowl team.

The ONLY worthy evaluation was when the starters were out.

Starters only....my grades....

Game 1 - Skins D - A Skins O - C

Game 2 - Skins D - C Skins O - C

Our starting O needs some work. I think the D will be fine.

actually thats not true in 91 Mark rypien couldnt hit the broad side of the barn in preseason. Jack Cooke accused gibbs of ruining the team after one of the preseason games.

Why would gibbs and saunders throw all their plays in during preseason and let other teams study them. Redskins have shown nothing as far as offense goes, and for a good reason too.

I think people are underestimating gibbs, saunders, and the redskins. Come opening day, I think you will be shocked.. as well as the opposing team.

21-27 loss to Atlanta

10-17 loss to Buffalo

17-24 loss to Chicago

24-37 loss to Denver

0-38 loss to Cincinatti

The Skins were a whopping 1-3 in the pre season last year and still started out 3-0

I'm telling you...the fact that we are 0-2 is GOOD! The coaches are seeing who should be cut. When Spurrier was here and we went 4-1 and set a record for points scored...everyone looked great! Taylor Jacobs was a future Hall Of Famer...Shane Mathews was the next Joe Montana...

This is one of the most naieve posts in recent history. Did you even watch those games last year?

James hardly played, Harrison hardly played, Manning sat most of the pre season and several injured linemen took time off. You seem to believe that Indy played all their starters and Manning was throwing interceipitons or didn't lok sharp. Just the opposite. When the starters were IN...they were sharp. They just didn't play much.

so, you really believe that during the regular season the Redskins won't be able to move the ball against the #27 and #28 defenses in the NFL? :)

think about what you are saying before you post your worst fears.

Brunell could have kept throwing the ball to ARE last night and the Jets would probably never been able to stop it.

The Redskins could have run the ball 25 times with Betts and controlled the game.

But to what end? :)

Would a 27-14 win last night have guaranteed any more regular season victories?

God will you guys STOP the spinning please........the fact is most of those first team offenses moved the ball effectively and SCORED. After that they get pulled out and the scrubs take over. Our first team hasn't done squat yet, and I do hope they work out this being in synch with each other STUFF out. Or else its gonna be ugly for the first couple of weeks.:gaintsuck

------------------------------------------------------------

Your too new around here to be spamming all the threads with the "stop spinning" thing.

Ive read 2 threads in the last 2 minutes and you've been in both spouting the same thing.

Sounds like your trying real hard to convine someone of something.

Also sounds like you dont know jack squat about pre-season. Actually I'll go ahead and declare that you dont know jack squat about preseason and why they do what they do.

And I dare you to prove me wrong. Tell me why we play preseason.

Oh yah, and a fact is not a fact just because you say. Prove to me that most (not half), of all those teams first stringers (no scrubs) all moved the ball effectively (big drive) and scored (no FG).

Then it may be a fact, but until then.............yawn

------------------------------------------------------------

Your too new around here to be spamming all the threads with the "stop spinning" thing.

Ive read 2 threads in the last 2 minutes and you've been in both spouting the same thing.

Sounds like your trying real hard to convine someone of something.

Also sounds like you dont know jack squat about pre-season. Actually I'll go ahead and declare that you dont know jack squat about preseason and why they do what they do.

And I dare you to prove me wrong. Tell me why we play preseason.

Oh yah, and a fact is not a fact just because you say. Prove to me that most (not half), of all those teams first stringers (no scrubs) all moved the ball effectively (big drive) and scored (no FG).

Then it may be a fact, but until then.............yawn

:stfu: :blahblah: :finger: .........God freaking know it alls around here...... well i was warned about joining this board. Oh well.

This is one of the most naieve posts in recent history. Did you even watch those games last year?

James hardly played, Harrison hardly played, Manning sat most of the pre season and several injured linemen took time off. You seem to believe that Indy played all their starters and Manning was throwing interceipitons or didn't lok sharp. Just the opposite. When the starters were IN...they were sharp. They just didn't play much.

...and how mush has Portis played? I haven't seen Moss too much yet? Brunell has played less than a quarter in each game. Where has Cooley been?

And no, I didn't watch those games last year. Did you? You seem to have a play by play of the Colts pre season last year. My point is simply that winning or losing in pre season has nothing to do with winning or losing in the regular season.

:stfu: :blahblah: :finger: .........God freaking know it alls around here...... well i was warned about joining this board. Oh well.

Since you don't seem to like it here, maybe you can get the hint. Or not. Oh well.

ExitDoor004.jpg

I totally agree that the preseaon record means nothing. If the 2-4th stringers come in and ruin it...no biggee. But I'm not seeing much from the starters. Thats what bothers me. :paranoid:

exactly, but level headed peeps like us aren't too bothered about this right? yup:cheers:

I totally agree that the preseaon record means nothing. If the 2-4th stringers come in and ruin it...no biggee. But I'm not seeing much from the starters. Thats what bothers me. :paranoid:

It is what bothers me too. I know winning in the preseason means nothing, and I know that Gibbs puts absolutely nothing into a preseason win. However, the W or L isn't all that we get out of a preseason game. You get to see how the units are working together. How the players are doing individually. How the cohesion on offense is coming along and the general overall chemistry of the team.

As others have stated, if the starting offense comes in and lights it up, plays well together, moves the football and maybe gets a score, then that's good. Then, if the second, third and fourth stringers come in and lose the game... that's fine. However, if the first string guys come in and suck, then that IS reason to worry about the preseason, IMO. I don't think our starters sucked... but they haven't looked all that good. Will cohesion and effeceincy kick in automatically when the games start to count? I hope so... but as a fan, I'd like to see some of that in preseason and not hope that it's automatic when the real games start.

Defensively, I thought our starters looked better than the offensive starters did, but they still didn't knock my socks off. There were some problems. Will those problems go away in September? I hope so.

Look, I'm not hitting the panic button but the facts are that we haven't looked all that good, including the starting units. We love to go back and look at past seasons and find teams (including the Skins) that had rotten preseasons and then played well when it counted. To me though, that still doesn't guarantee anything. I'd feel better if our starters looked good and then we lost because we were so vanilla and because our backups just weren't very good. That hasn't completely been the case though.

I guess that I'm just a little worried. Redskins Nation has been pretty high since the end of last year and it's almost like we think a good season is in the books because we got hot at the end of last year. Because we brought in Saunders, Randal El, and Lloyd, we automatically expect improvement on last year's record. It isn't automatic. It's going to take hard work, a little luck in the health department and more hard work.

I just hope that the players aren't believing all they're reading and just think they can win by showing up. The Jets are a lousy team and I don't care when it is... our athletes getting beat by their athletes just isn't very pretty. Yeah, they ran a reverse, but we blitzed like it was October. I'm just saying it isn't as easy as just saying they gameplanned for us and we didn't for them and that's why we looked the way we did. We should outplay those guys and instead we got outplayed. By the freaking Jets!

The sky may not be falling... but things aren't rosy either. I've been watching football for many years now. If your team doesn't look very good, then there are only so many reasons for that. And none of them are very good. I just hope we look better next week, because the main difference between the starters playing in preseason and them playing in the regular season is gameplanning. And our starters haven't looked like gameplanning would make that much of a difference.

Past teams that have sucked in the preseason and then played well in the regular season do make me feel better... but watching our starters play like a good team would make me feel MUCH better.

21-27 loss to Atlanta

10-17 loss to Buffalo

17-24 loss to Chicago

24-37 loss to Denver

0-38 loss to Cincinatti

I really hope Playoffsorbust2005is reading this, so it could knock some sense into him.

Archived