Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

8/17 NY Daily News: Coles: Old team is Not Under My Skin

NorthEast Skin

He had some good games for us, especially when he first got here and got 100 yards plus in his first two games. I have no ill feelings towards him, and I'm very glad obviously we have Moss now.

I remember the Skins and Jets played the opening game on Thursday, and during the commercials for the game, John Abraham called him "Laveranues Coleslaw."

well, at least Coles took the high road instead of coming out and acting like Arrington, who has been nothing but a crybaby since leaving Washington.

Coles is just not the same receiver since he injured his toe. It wasn't his fault. At the same time he never admitted to himself that the injury compromised his status as a #1 receiver.

When Coles and Gardner went in and told Joe Gibbs they wanted out of Washington I bet Joe's inner thoughts were 'what have these two really contributed to our team here in 2004?'...............

Gardner has proven himself not even to be of NFL quality as a receiver. He is a waiver wire player.

I personally like Coles. Never complained through the media and played hurt. He was a warrior for us. I saw him on Oprah talking about his childhood and how his stepfather sexually molestered him and to come from that and the trials and tribulations at Florida St to the NFL is something I admire. Wish things could have worked out here for him but Gibbs did the right thing and traded him for Santana Moss which worked well for us. Wish Coles the best though!!!

When I think of Lav. Coles, I think of the fumble he had right in front of me when I was at the game in Cleveland a couple years ago. We were almost in field goal range in the final moments of the game and he turned the ball over to seal the loss.

You have no clue how sad one can be watching their favorite team lose to the sad-sack Cleveland Browns in person. Even a homeless guy talked trash to me on the way to my car ... I wish I was kidding.

Archived