Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A real DB solution....your thoughts?

sparkosaurus

As of Rumph, he is no Taylor Jacobs, when Rumph was a rookie he Put up 43 tackles, as a sophmore he had around 56 and 2 sacks and 3 interceptions.

The last 2 years he's been hurt. He is a much more established player, however he is also a much better safety than a CB. Gibbs says he is slotted as a CB on our team though.

Gray has since commented on Rumph's position...

http://www.extremeskins.org/TC2006/gray15.pdf

On what position Mike Rumph (CB, #30R) will play: “I think Gregg is going to say wherever he is best needed is what he is going to do. If we need him at safety one week, we know he can do it because he did it at San Francisco. If we need him at corner we are going to put him at corner.”

Gray has since commented on Rumph's position...

http://www.extremeskins.org/TC2006/gray15.pdf

On what position Mike Rumph (CB, #30R) will play: “I think Gregg is going to say wherever he is best needed is what he is going to do. If we need him at safety one week, we know he can do it because he did it at San Francisco. If we need him at corner we are going to put him at corner.”

Now I'm really scared...

Why has this sentiment carried over after last year? Jimoh has progressed and will contribute. It seems as though once a guy gets a rep he can't shake it for nothing.

Also another poster mentioned the DL pressure. I agree, with the DL doing its job the corners won't be as exposed. Nothing like a little pressure to keep QB's from picking a corner apart and making him look incompetent.

Please give Jimoh some Love, he deserves it finally.

We wouldn't have to give up Betts for a lesser CB like the later ones I listed from the broncos.

Why do people act like Wright isn't a 26 year old veteran with a proven track record? Prove himself? How about starting @ CB all 16 games on the #7 pass defense last year?

C'mon Spear, that must have been a fluke, afterall we have seen him in one preseason game and that tells us all we need to know, :doh:

I hate to be sarcastic, but I must. Afterall this is Gregg Willaims we are talking about. Jimoh has developed, Wright is not a weak link, Rodgers is ready to break-out, Rumph-who knows. And with Jerry Gray coaching, I just don't see the doom and gloom that is being forcasted here of late. Of course as I and others have stated, and I played corner, the DL makes all the difference in the secondary. Of course all this will be helped with a speedy recovery from Sean Springs. Get Well Soon!

"Why do people act like Wright isn't a 26 year old veteran with a proven track record? Prove himself? How about starting @ CB all 16 games on the #7 pass defense last year?"

in fact...he was sooooo good...the JAGs felt compelled to pull all the stops to keep him.

NOT.

"Why do people act like Wright isn't a 26 year old veteran with a proven track record? Prove himself? How about starting @ CB all 16 games on the #7 pass defense last year?"

in fact...he was sooooo good...the JAGs felt compelled to pull all the stops to keep him.

NOT.

They offered him a bigger contract than we did. I didn't say he was a probowler, but the fact I stated remains the same.

NOT.

We're talking about Wright the BACK UP cb, right? I mean we're not trying to have him be a starter every week instead of Springs or Rogers are we?

Cause as a back up, I'd rather have a solid ex-starter that could be starting on some teams then.... who are you suggesting?

Or are you just complaing about a pre-season game and not trusting GW?

If he's good enough for Williams as a BACK UP then he's good enough for me....

Kenny Wright will be a fine back-up. He had a bad game last week, but it was his first game in what is for him a new defense. Cut him a little slack at this point.

And as others have said, Ade Jimoh played much better last year, and we'd have to expect that he will continue to improve. He's a big, physical corner and could be a huge asset this season. There are a lot of solid players in the NFL who started their careers on a sour note. If he was really as bad as some make him out to be, do you realy think he'd still be in Coach Williams' defense? Jimoh should be back in action vs. the Jets, and I expect to see some good things from him.

Keep in mind that the most important player in the backfield to defend the pass is Sean Taylor. Last season, Springs and Rogers missed some time and the pass defense didn't suffer too much. But when Taylor wasn't back there roaming center field versus TB, they threw bombs with no fear.

Come on Fellas It was Wright's first game and Greg put him on an island to see where he was at, He obviously needs more work getting adapted to this defense, but it is just one game guys!! Next week if he takes one to the house or makes several nice plays alot of people on this board will be saying how he will be great fillin in for Springs while he is out.He did start 16 games on a very good defense last year give the guy some slack!!!:2cents:

You dont take a pro bowl safety and move him to a position he has never played. He most valuable at safety. Moving him would weaken the defense even more. Plus springs will miss only, if any, 1 or 2 games. No reason to start panicking and moving players positions around. Wright, Rumph, Morton or Patterson will have to step up. Thats the nature of the game.

Archived