Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Mirror team = Steelers ?

AFskinsfan

I was thinking about this on the way to work this morning and I was listening to the "the Herd" on XM. They were talking about the best and worst decision makers at the QB position. They had Brady, Bledsoe and leftwich in the top 5 and Vick and Brooks in the bottom 5. (They didn't actually list 5 at the time, as all of this was based on caller input) Anyway they were talking about Big Ben as being in the top 5 (at least a caller did) and the guy sitting in for Collin said "no, Ben makes lots of mistakes and sometimes looks horrible. Just because he won a SB doesn't put him in that category." He went on to discuss how you can put an average QB with great potential in a system that has a great running game, decent recievers and a dominant defense and tell the QB to "just don't loose the game". I was thinking that this is just the same postion we are in. God forbid something happens to MB, but I think with all the playmakers JC would have around him and with Saunders only running the plays he KNOWS JC can make, we would be fine. He wouldn't have to throw for 300 yds/game. He would just have to be smart and not give the ball away too much. What do you guys think?

They had Bledsoe in the top 5 of decisions makers?????? :slap:

Decision making is one of his drawbacks. His arm is strong and he throws a nice pass but his decision making is terrible at times. Ints, sacks and fumbles are all the hallmarks of bad decision makers.

Assuming all of that, you also have to realize that JC will not be making the smart decisions that MB does because he does not have the experience to protect the ball.

Neither does Ben and he hasn't lost a game for them. He hasn't "won" too many either. Thats my point, as long as JC doesn't screw up too much we should be ok if it ever comes to that.

As far as KC being our mirror team on offence, are you only saying that because of Saunders? I know the formations may be different, but I feel that the philosophy is similar to the steelers. Run first, run a gadget play if the timing is right and protect the lead with hard nosed defense. I also think that the culture on both teams is similar. They both have "team first" attitudes from all of their players, they believe in themselves and have faith in the coaches. I really don't see that from the Philly D. Although they are a good defense and play the 46, I just dont "feel the love" and brother hood you feel with our D and the steelers D. Maybe it's because I don't follow the Eagles as much as the skins, but then again, I don't really follow the steelers either.

I would love to see a Steelers/Redskins SB this year. WOW what a match up that would be! Players would be bruised and broken coming out of that. Which is the kind of football Skins fans and steelers fans love to watch!

As far as KC being our mirror team on offence, are you only saying that because of Saunders? I know the formations may be different, but I feel that the philosophy is similar to the steelers. Run first, run a gadget play if the timing is right and protect the lead with hard nosed defense. I also think that the culture on both teams is similar. They both have "team first" attitudes from all of their players, they believe in themselves and have faith in the coaches.

Gibbs run first mentality when he first coached the Skins evolved from the fact that he had Riggins and he could be counted on to run the offense and set up the pass.

Saunders, while from the same school of thought as Gibbs will use more 3 WR sets and a more verticle game that we haven't seen from the Skins under Gibbs since the early 90s.

Saudners will bring about 98% of the same offense that he used in KC to Washington. That is the reason that we will differ from the Steelers.

I cant really comment on the offense until we see it in action, but i would think that the rams or the chiefs would be a good start. As for the defense, philly isnt a bad selection, though the comparisons are still a stretch.

httr

God forbid something happens to MB, but I think with all the playmakers JC would have around him and with Saunders only running the plays he KNOWS JC can make, we would be fine. He wouldn't have to throw for 300 yds/game. He would just have to be smart and not give the ball away too much. What do you guys think?

Well yeah, if Mark goes down early on we are gonna put Toddy C in but if its like halfway through the season I'm sure they will go with Campbell because he will be just THAT much more ready to go in, and like you said, Saunders will have a good idea of what kind of plays to call when JC is under the helm, and if he knows em then he can apply his talent there. He can be successful, no doubt.

They had Bledsoe in the top 5 of decisions makers?????? :slap:

Decision making is one of his drawbacks. His arm is strong and he throws a nice pass but his decision making is terrible at times. Ints, sacks and fumbles are all the hallmarks of bad decision makers.

It was based on one of those mathematical-stars alinged-full moon-astrological metrics that some sport writers use every now and then. It was pretty out there.

I actually hate to say it, but I think that the panther are a lot like our mirror team. They run the ball with a good backfield and they rely on a speedy wideout to get the ball down field. Of course one glaring difference on Offense is Meshawn. Thank god we don't have someone that is like him on our team.

Archived