Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Rome Takes it to the Boys

SkinsNoles21

Who saw Rome a minute or two ago (4:35pm eastern) discuss TO and his new team the Boys. While it has been discussed over and over in the media, Rome always has an interesting take. He said..."never has a team needed to win a Super Bowl in a one year window, quite like the Cowboys"

He said this because he feels that TO will be a model citizen for one year in Dallas like he was in Philly. Eventually, though, he will lose his cool for something and all bets are off.

Not only do the Cowboys only have a short amount of time with TO, but Bledsoe is old old old and they have no one special waiting in the wings to take over. The Cowboys won't win the Super Bowl, and the Redskins franchise will start to pull away. Parcells, TO, Bledsoe...all gone within the next 2-3years...probably less. Skins are built for now and for the future.

Like my daddy said, the cowboys are about to begin a long time of feeling the agony of defeat. This is the end for them. They will hit rock bottom with T.O. When there are losing he will either want out or more money. Its only a matter of time before he gets tired of losing or is unhappy with something and starts running his mouth and thats when the cowboys will be diagnosed with the cancer and die.

Who saw Rome a minute or two ago (4:35pm eastern) discuss TO and his new team the Boys. While it has been discussed over and over in the media, Rome always has an interesting take. He said..."never has a team needed to win a Super Bowl in a one year window, quite like the Cowboys"

He said this because he feels that TO will be a model citizen for one year in Dallas like he was in Philly. Eventually, though, he will lose his cool for something and all bets are off.

Not only do the Cowboys only have a short amount of time with TO, but Bledsoe is old old old and they have no one special waiting in the wings to take over. The Cowboys won't win the Super Bowl, and the Redskins franchise will start to pull away. Parcells, TO, Bledsoe...all gone within the next 2-3years...probably less. Skins are built for now and for the future.

:applause: , :dallasuck , I can't wait for another Dallas pounding this year.

I really hate the Owens apologists, the guys who say that Bledsoe isn't going to put up with any antics and Parcells laid down the ground rules. It's as if we didn't hear any of that about McNabb and Reid.

(This is directed at Rome's panel)

Parcells, TO, Bledsoe...all gone within the next 2-3years...probably less. Skins are built for now and for the future

Dallas has the 4th youngest starting defense in the league. And if Keith Davis is replaced by either Beriault, Pat Watkins or Jacques Reeves...they'll have the youngest starting defense in the league.

Washington, with the following:

Carter

Daniels

Griffin

Salave'a

Holdman

Marshall

Washington

Taylor

Archuleta

Rogers

Springs

Have the 2nd oldest starting defense in the league. Even if McIntosh replaces Holdman, they are the 5th oldest defense in the league.

On offense, Washington is the 10th youngest. Dallas has the 22nd youngest offense.

So in reality, I don't see how outside of setting up the head coaching job for Williams to take over (who went 17-31 as a head coach in Buffalo)...the Skins are so "set up" for the future compared to Dallas.

You guys are younger on offense, but we are much younger on defense.

Rich.......

Dallas has the 4th youngest starting defense in the league. And if Keith Davis is replaced by either Beriault, Pat Watkins or Jacques Reeves...they'll have the youngest starting defense in the league.

Carter

Daniels

Griffin

Salave'a

Holdman

Marshall

Washington

Taylor

Archuleta

Rogers

Springs

Have the 2nd oldest starting defense in the league. Even if McIntosh replaces Holdman, they are the 5th oldest defense in the league.

On offense, Washington is the 10th youngest. Dallas has the 22nd youngest offense.

So in reality, I don't see how outside of setting up the head coaching job for Williams to take over (who went 17-31 as a head coach in Buffalo)...the Skins are so "set up" for the future compared to Dallas.

Rich.......

Jim Rome said it.

Go wrestle w/ him about that.

We'll just have to watch and see who ends up proving to be " set up " for the future. Unless you have a crystal ball, I don't think even you can say w/o any doubt, that Dallas is " set up ".

Its Rome's opinion, not " OURS ".

:dallasuck

That dallas team reminds me of us a few years back.

We had all the hype Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Jeremiah Trotter,etc.

Look where it got us.......nowhere!

All talk and no results!

Man am I glad we got JG

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Rome said it.

Go wrestle w/ him about that.

We'll just have to watch and see who ends up proving to be " set up " for the future. Unless you have a crystal ball, I don't think even you can say w/o any doubt, that Dallas is " set up ".

Its Rome's opinion, not " OURS ".

:dallasuck

Okay. But I think the overall theme on this board from the Skins fans is that Washington is prepared for the future whereas Dallas is not.

I'm just saying that I don't see Washington as being more set for the future than Dallas and looked at the age of both rosters to back up my point.

So whether it was Rome saying this, I think it's fair to say that the overwhelming majority of Skins fans agree with him.

Rich.........

Carter

Daniels

Griffin

Salave'a

Holdman

Marshall

Washington

Taylor

Archuleta

Rogers

Springs

Rich.......

All you did was the D side of the ball, look at our O and I mean we are talking about the whole team, not just the O or D. You gotta consider every part of the team, even the Staff.

Al could be a better fit for HC, who knows?

The fact is, after the HC position, Skins are in better shape.

After last season, GW was considered for many HC jobs, I wonder why?

All you did was the D side of the ball, what about the O or Spteams? I mean we are talking about the whole team, not just the O. You gotta consider every part of the team, even the Staff.

Al could be a better fit for HC, who knows?

The fact is, after the HC position, Skins are in better shape.

After last season, GW was considered for many HC jobs, I wonder why?

He did the offense as well its right there in his post. Special teams consist of almost all young players so what would be the point.

The Cowboys defense is in better shape for the future the numbers bear that out. Redskins Offense right now is better for the future. As for coaching both head coaches will be gone within a couple years so we dont know who the replacments are.

He did the offense as well its right there in his post. Special teams consist of almost all young players so what would be the point.

The Cowboys defense is in better shape for the future the numbers bear that out. Redskins Offense right now is better for the future. As for coaching both head coaches will be gone within a couple years so we dont know who the replacments are.

If you compare Dallas's 22nd youngest O, to our 10th youngest O, how does that help his weak argument?

If you compare Dallas's 22nd youngest O, to our 10th youngest O, how does that help his weak argument?

What are you talking about he showed where the Skins defense ranked on the youth scale he showed the Cowboys defense on the youth scale

He did the same thing for the offenses (even though you appeared to claim he didnt)

His argument was quite clear, the Cowboys are also building for the future which shows with a very young defense, but need youth on O side. Redskins conversly have a young O but need youth on the D side.

His argument was by virtue of having potentially the youngest defense in the league we're in no way NOT set up for the future.

But he also mentioned the O and the Coaches, so why not look at the overall picture and not just the 1 part that favors the Cowgirls? He thinks b/c of a young D, that Dallas is more " Set ", then us, as Skins.

I forgot, Im sorry, he's a Dallas fan :dallasuck

Arguing the relative and comparative youths of offenses and defenses is useless unless any of the units average age is over 30. With Free Agency working the way it does today, keeping an entire unit together for 10 years, much less 4-5 is damn near impossible.

:( :rubeyes: :(

With that quote I was a little confused too. It took me a while to realize that he didn't literally mean cancer, he meant the cancer that is Owens. (His words) Until I realized that, I thought was a quite inappropriate.

Archived