Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do YOU want to know???

Tarhog

As we head to Ashburn this week to cover Training Camp, there are a lot of questions to be answered (although maybe not as many as in doom and gloom years past :) ). What do you want to know?

This will be a 'media-rich' event, and its likely, if you read the paper, listen to the news, or even just peruse this site occasionally, you're going to have an enormous amount of information at your fingertips. But we do have the advantage of incredible access to these players and coaches. This is a great time to let our coverage guys know what you want asked and who you want asked. I promise you our coverage guys will peruse this thread daily, and if they get an opportunity to get an exact answer from a player or coach you identify, they will do it.

Let us hear from you all - what do you most want to know? Feel free to update this thread throughout Training Camp as questions arise. :cheers:

I just posted this in JimmiJo's thread, but here it is again...

I'd like to know what position battles does Gibbs feel will be the most intense. Without naming players, what positions will be won, or lost, on the field during Camp?

Thanks guys!

Hail,

H

How do our recent draftees look? Especially at DT

Does Andre Carter look to be a solution for our pass rush woes from the front four?

Who's winning the punting battle and how does Hall look?

Does Randy Thomas look to be back to 100% ?

Some good Al Saunders stories...

Do the players stare in awe at your nipple Tarhog? :silly:

I'd like to hear more about the rookie Doughty...all the skuttle-butt is that he has been very impressive...maybe we could find out exactly what he has been doing so well..do they see him possibly moving to compete at DB or just depth at Safety?

I am most interested in seeing how Archuleta picks up the defense and how he is with the rest of the team. After that, I'd probably want verification that Lloyd doesn't have problems with routine catches in addition to how he's picking up the offense.

Stan Hixon question

I think we all know who the top 5 recievers will be, Moss, Lloyd, Randel El, Patten and Thrash because of his special teams play. Assuming that they keep 6, does any of the youngsters look good enough to finally rid us of project Jacobs?

Mike Espy, Steven Harris or Richard Smith?

I feel bad inindating you with yet another prospective question Tarhog, but here goes:

We've heard Saunders give Betts lots of props since he arrived, can we expect to see more of him in the short yardage running game?

Also, does Jesse Lumsden get any more playing time on Offense?

Thanks Man :D

- How is JJG spending his time?

- Does Andre Carter look stiff against the run?

- Does Wynn's run stopping ability hurt us on first down?

- Ask Todd Collins whether he was signed to be the #2 or #3?

- How comfortable is Buges with our back-ups?

- Whether you guys believe Patton has a real chance to get into the top 3 rotation as was promised, if he is one of the best guys?

- What are the last running back and fullback position cuts and is Nemo, Broughton or Jesse getting cut (your estiamtes)?

- Your opinions about the 3rd cornerback position.

- Of course, how is the linebacker battles going.

I won't be out to camp until Thursday, it'll be JimmiJo, themurf, and bnacpa leading the way until then. It helps to have lots of specific questions - you can't always predict who you'll get a chance to talk to as players come off the field. I find these threads helpful to review before going out there each day. So keep them coming...

We've heard so many different things regarding the 2006 Washington Redskins offense. We've heard that Campbell is learning an entirely new offense. We've also heard that Saunders is taking what the Redskins already had, changing some of it and adding to it.

What's the true story in terms of a learning curve for the players this year? Shoud we expect a slow start from the offense at the beginning of the season as they learn the new offense, or is it less of a change than it usually is with a new offensive coordinator?

Sorry I had to repost this b/c I think I may have put it in the wrong thread.

A lot has been made about how organized Saunders is with gameplanning, meetings, and analyzing the critical weekly battles with the players. I have seen and heard a large deal about how he approaches players before games and during practices that leads to success and trust just because he has such great utilities including his communication skills, critical thinking skills, and superb planning. I can see how a lot of this works outside of gameday but my question(s) is this...

It is obvious that a lot goes on during games. Without a good plan ideas can get lost and control can be lost. In what way does Saunders delegate responsibility between the positional players and each positional coach and how does it contribute to better communication between the staff and therefore the players? How important is this to the team goal of winning the game? Anything extra he can say about important practices on the sideline would be cool.

(The same type of information could be related to Gibbs/Williams)

We know what positional coaches are there for during practice and a lot of what they do to teach the players. Given that we a have a lot of strong personalities between our coaches and players having a solid plan is critical I believe. What are each of the coaches responsibilities the day or two before a game that allows them to contribute in a coaches meeting in which they finalize ideas for the coming game? Is the observation and planning they do have much to do with play selection due to what they saw that week in their players or is that mainly Saunders job. If they have responsibilities in preparing and choosing playcalling what are the details that are important to Saunders? Also ask about who all is behind using film of the coming team to prepare?

(Those are just some good ideas, I think, to stir conversation that our superb Question askers can mold to fit the occassion)

Who are those players who have found mentors in coaches? How often do any players converse with the coaches they may be close to about just whatever, and are there any stories that have brought a player and a coach, or a player and a player, closer in this sense?

For any player you guys may know to have read this board that can be asked if the opportunity presents itself...

Question: Is there anything that has really struck you when you read it on the ES board and what was your reaction to it?

Archived