Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When Does It Become a 'Hold Out'?

tr1

Okay, Philadelphia's #1 pick Bunkley has missed 12 practices (not sure if he's in today or not).

Edit: He did miss today...make that 14.

Does a hold out mean one day of camp? Four?

One day of the regular season?

I'm thinking he's a 'hold-out' until he signs, because camp is a mandatory situation for signed players.

Actually, if a player has no contract, then its not possible to be a hold out. Holding out means a fine (raised to 14k a day now) ... and you can only be fined if you are under contract. Technically, I don't think its a hold out for Bunkley, its just stupidity. I think he just wants to get as much as possible. Who can blame a man for that.

Actually, if a player has no contract, then its not possible to be a hold out. Holding out means a fine (raised to 14k a day now) ... and you can only be fined if you are under contract. Technically, I don't think its a hold out for Bunkley, its just stupidity. I think he just wants to get as much as possible. Who can blame a man for that.

Correct. A holdout means that you have a contract and a dispute with the team over the nature of the contract.

What Bunkley, Bush, et. al. have is a contractual impasse, wherein they cannot agree to the terms on their contract, and in fact cannot report to camp.

Correct. A holdout means that you have a contract and a dispute with the team over the nature of the contract.

What Bunkley, Bush, et. al. have is a contractual impasse, wherein they cannot agree to the terms on their contract, and in fact cannot report to camp.

I don't know if that's 100% true. On ESPN this morning they mentioned that rookie holdouts (Bush specifically) would be hastened this year because of the new fining system agreed to by the NFLPA.

I don't know if that's 100% true. On ESPN this morning they mentioned that rookie holdouts (Bush specifically) would be hastened this year because of the new fining system agreed to by the NFLPA.

ESPN is being lazy by calling it a "holdout". Even though by definition if you do not show to camp, even without a contract, you are holding out.

Just a little bit lower on this page there's a thread entitled "Where's Bunkley" where the same person who started this thread asks in the opening post.....

How many days out does one have to be before one is considered a hold-out?

Why do we need another thread for the same person to ask the same question?

Just a little bit lower on this page there's a thread entitled "Where's Bunkley" where the same person who started this thread asks in the opening post.....

OMG...

Mods please...

tr1 for the No New Threads group. Pocono does have a point.

Gee, I guess I'm getting tired of hearing about that 'monster' WR who was an UDFA who's gonna make Gaffney go packing...or that 'monster' MLB, who, were it not for Trotter, would be starting. :doh:

Fellas, if you talk about the Eagles' good on a Redskins' board, you're gonna hear about the Eagles' bad on a Redskins' board.

I love you guys.

Gee, I guess I'm getting tired of hearing about that 'monster' WR who was an UDFA who's gonna make Gaffney go packing...or that 'monster' MLB, who, were it not for Trotter, would be starting. :doh:

Fellas, if you talk about the Eagles' good on a Redskins' board, you're gonna hear about the Eagles' bad on a Redskins' board.

I love you guys.

Anyone who reads the "Where's Bunkley" thread understands why you would want to get away from it tr but you started that thread and now you started this thread to cover the same subject matter. That makes for a very sloppy board. It's not about whether you have the right to post negative news about the Eagles but instead about whether you have the right to start a new thread on the same subject to save yourself the embassassment of having the forum read your incredibly poor work on the other thread.

Geeze, another five year contract...Bunkley must be smarting...I hate that the pukes picked up this guy, btw.

July 28, 2006

http://www.allsports.com/cgi-bin/showstory.cgi?story_id=60405

BRISTOL, Connecticut (Ticker) - It appears linebacker Bobby Carpenter will be ready to take orders from coach Bill Parcells when the Dallas Cowboys conduct their first training camp practice on Saturday.

ESPN.com is reporting that the Cowboys agreed to terms with their first-round pick on a five-year contract.

The team has yet to confirm the report.

Carpenter is the son of former NFL running back Rob Carpenter, who played for the New York Giants under Parcells for four seasons in the early 1980s.

The 18th overall pick in the 2006 draft, Bobby Carpenter was overshadowed by fellow linebacker A.J. Hawk at Ohio State. Hawk was selected fifth overall by Green Bay.

Considered an all-around performer, the 6-3, 256-pound Bobby Carpenter will compete with Al Singleton for the starting strongside linebacker spot in the Cowboys' 3-4 defensive scheme.

Geeze, another five year contract...Bunkley must be smarting...I hate that the pukes picked up this guy, btw.

July 28, 2006

http://www.allsports.com/cgi-bin/showstory.cgi?story_id=60405

BRISTOL, Connecticut (Ticker) - It appears linebacker Bobby Carpenter will be ready to take orders from coach Bill Parcells when the Dallas Cowboys conduct their first training camp practice on Saturday.

ESPN.com is reporting that the Cowboys agreed to terms with their first-round pick on a five-year contract.

The team has yet to confirm the report.

Carpenter is the son of former NFL running back Rob Carpenter, who played for the New York Giants under Parcells for four seasons in the early 1980s.

The 18th overall pick in the 2006 draft, Bobby Carpenter was overshadowed by fellow linebacker A.J. Hawk at Ohio State. Hawk was selected fifth overall by Green Bay.

Considered an all-around performer, the 6-3, 256-pound Bobby Carpenter will compete with Al Singleton for the starting strongside linebacker spot in the Cowboys' 3-4 defensive scheme.

5 years is the max contract that Carpenter could have been signed to. he signed for max years :doh:

Ooops...I thought Dallas was in the first 16...

Read your own link tr.

BTW.....Hawk signed today also.....a 6 yr contract.

Archived