Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something often overlooked about Gibbs Super Bowl wins...

FunBunch7

This whole thread is one of the reasons I give for allowing Art Monk into the SuperBowl. He's one of the only constants on all three teams, even if he didn't contribute mightily in any of the three victories... There really hasn't been another player who can boast 3 Super Bowl victories (4 trips) having three very different teams. Michael Irvin wouldn't have been the player he was without the other two triplets... Stallworth and Swann certainly wouldn't be in the Hall without Harris and Bradshaw...Only player coming close to the feat would be Jerry Rice, whose HoF credentials are possibly in doubt (sarc)...

Not to mention Jerry Rice had TWO HOF QB's throwing to him. then again, steve young would probably never of made it to the HOF if it were not for Jerry Rice.

P.S. Finally a benchwarmer after 3 years. lol :wave:

to be more exact

he had only 5 players play in every superbowl

Monk, Jacoby, Grimm, Bostic, Warren

that's it

Right and very important. One constant throughout all SB's was a big, bruising offensive line a.k.a. the Hogs.

In the last SB, I remember Grimm was on his last leg, so to speak. I believe Gibbs inserted him at tight-end on power running/goal line plays.

Tangent here: Speaking of the Hogs, how about the greatest trade ever? Jay Schroeder for Oakland’s Pro Bowl LT Jim Lachey. I believe Al Davis is still sour over that. Second place; Mike Oliphant for Earnest Byner.

:applause:

Let's see now......

the only real constant are The Hogs, and the 1st and 3rd highest rushing totals in SB history belong to different Redskins rushers...AND YET NOT A SINGLE F#$KING HOG IS IN THE HOF!!!!! THIS IS MORE OUTRAGEOUS than even Monk not being in the HOF!!!! If one more OL gets in before Jacoby and Grimm, somebody might as well brun the friggin' place down. WHAT A F**KING JOKE! :mad:

And meantime, you've got a certain jackarse SI writer whining about how the 3rd best lineman for the Dolphins didn't get in... :doh:

Let's see now......

the only real constant are The Hogs, and the 1st and 3rd highest rushing totals in SB history belong to different Redskins rushers...AND YET NOT A SINGLE F#$KING HOG IS IN THE HOF!!!!! THIS IS MORE OUTRAGEOUS than even Monk not being in the HOF!!!! If one more OL gets in before Jacoby and Grimm, somebody might as well brun the friggin' place down. WHAT A F**KING JOKE! :mad:

And meantime, you've got a certain jackarse SI writer whining about how the 3rd best lineman for the Dolphins didn't get in... :doh:

Riggo-toni, you're preaching to the choir! It is ridiculous not one HOG is a HOF'er !!

Archived