Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFW:Jacobs faces uphill battle to crack Skins’ deep WR corps

tonyriggins

Why wouldn't you take 6 WRs into the season? Saunders uses 5 wide often, you think it's not worth it to have six wideouts?

Training camp hasn't started yet. Let them earn it on the field instead of speculating. Leave it to the bored sports writers to do that.

First off, I don't know that its fair to say that Saunders uses 5 wide "often". When it is used, its not going to involve 5 wideouts. Cooley would definitly be used in the formation and Portis could possibly even line up at wideout. Taking an additional WR means we have to take depth from somewhere else, depth which we don't have to spare.

On the other hand perhaps we should thank Taylor. If we drafted Doss back then Sean Taylor may never have been a Redskin and we would have had Winslow instead....scary thoughts.

Doss' presence here wouldn't have changed Taylor's.

Why wouldn't you take 6 WRs into the season? Saunders uses 5 wide often, you think it's not worth it to have six wideouts?

Training camp hasn't started yet. Let them earn it on the field instead of speculating. Leave it to the bored sports writers to do that.

The most common formation in the Chiefs offense was with 3 WRs. The Chiefs also ran the ball a whole lot, just because they were statisticially the best offense for years doesn't mean they were throwing the ball alot like Indy.

Jacobs is supposedly a great practice player, who can beat any of our corners consistently. Yet on gameday, he apparently loses all of his nerve because he never gets open. Although I like him, and I'm sure all the players and coaches do too, that isn't enough to make this team. We're trying to be winners, not nice guys. He is the worst "game-day" reciever on the roster, and he can't contribute in special teams like Randle El and Thrash. I wish him luck, but I doubt we'll keep him and I doubt even more that he'll ever catch on another team in this league again.

I would keep Jacobs over Thrash. Jacobs isn't quite the special teamer Thrash is, but he isn't a slouch there either. And there is still a chance he goes from being a supposedly great practice player to someone who can contribute in games. Thrash's best years were... well, years ago.

Thank you. This topic has been beaten to death but I still feel that keeping Thrash over Jacobs would be a mistake.

He blocked a punt, though I don't remember any field goals.

Don't compare Thrash and Jacob's stats from last year, because Thrash was out injured a good part of the year. Look at how crippled our passing game was when both Thrash and Patten were hurt and Jacobs lined up opposite Moss. At least when Thrash got back in he could draw some coverage. To this day, I still don't see why all the love for Jacobs - why can't people just accept the fact that he's a bust that we only drafted because Spurrier insisted (this is public record, by the way. Cerrato wanted to draft Mike Doss with the 2nd rnd pick, and SOS begged for TJ, and Snyder broke the tie in SOS's favor.

Just to let you know, TJ was injured last year too. And our offense struggled when Patten was hurt not when Thrash got hurt. Thrash sucks big time as a WR and he didnt draw anything to him. Not to mention that he left us and went to the Eagles. I dont like him just like how I dont like Brian Mitchell.

:eaglesuck

Archived