Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No One Saw Randle El on Cold Pizza Today, So Let's Ramble About The NFC EAST

TahoeSkin

Anybody feel like the Giants are getting slept on as much as we are?

YEP! I know they had an "extra" home game last year but they are not a bad team. In my mind, this division will be decided by 1 thing... INJURIES. The teams are too good from top to bottom for this not to be the case. HTTR!

Okay, my thoughts won't be popular, but I think the Eagles are still a good team. They played everyone in the East tough last year. Their defense is good, and as long as Mcnabb is healthy, they will score some points.

The Giants have a luxury. They have Barber in the backfield. Coming off a career year, Tiki Barber takes some pressure of Eli. Peyton has shown glimpes, but so did Ramsey. They are the East champs, but of course they did have the extra home game.

Cowboys, well, I think they will win early, and die down the stretch. An injury to Bledsoe or TimeOut will ruin their season. Roy Williams will finally break someone's neck during a horse-collar tackle, and it won't be called by the official.

Absolutley! That D is going to be sick this year. Lavar, Strahan and Osi are all going to hit double digit sack numbers.

I am really worried when we have to play them.

Plus Arrington is back on the strong side. If you remember, that is the position he played for us when he went to three consecutive pro-bowls.

Okay, my thoughts won't be popular, but I think the Eagles are still a good team. They played everyone in the East tough last year. Their defense is good, and as long as Mcnabb is healthy, they will score some points.

The Giants have a luxury. They have Barber in the backfield. Coming off a career year, Tiki Barber takes some pressure of Eli. Peyton has shown glimpes, but so did Ramsey. They are the East champs, but of course they did have the extra home game.

Cowboys, well, I think they will win early, and die down the stretch. An injury to Bledsoe or TimeOut will ruin their season. Roy Williams will finally break someone's neck during a horse-collar tackle, and it won't be called by the official.

What do Peyton and Ramsey have to do with the Giants?

Bayless picked the Eagles to win the division? I mean I know he's said so much stupid stuff in his tenure at ESPN that I shouldn't be surprised, but man, that's ridiculous :doh:

:eaglesuck

Why is that ridiculous? Please explain it in a semi non retarded way. Eagles are loaded this year. People are sleeping hard on us. :snore:

Listen guys argue all you want about who is going to win the division. The truth is that the NFC East will once again be the hardest division to play in. Even last year we could of lost those final games to both the Giants and Eagles. In the NFC East, this year around, there is no clear cut winner.

No matter how much I want the Redskins to win it all I'm still afraid of all 3 teams. And I bet Eagles, Giants and Cowboy fans all feel the same way.

Calling the Eagles "loaded" might be a little overboard. They have more questions, in my opinion, than any of the NFC East teams. But I think people who underestimate the Eagles are going to get burned. They improved their defensive line, so I think their defense will return to being one of the league's best.

Offensively, however, they have a lot to prove. They still look one dimensional. I don't care how well McNabb plays, he won't be able to carry this team back to their recent heights. Not by himself. They have really good talent on the O-line, but it is wasted by not committing more to the running game. And even if they do, I'm not sure they have the backs to produce. Westbrook is a nightmare matchup coming out fo the backfield as a receiver, but he still hasn't proven he can be a consistant threat carrying the rock.

One thing I think we'll find out this season: just how good of a coach is Andy Reid? Has the Eagles' window closed, or can Reid bring them back into contention like Bill Cowher has consistantly brought the Steelers back after poor seasons?

if not more so. the g men return maybe the leagues most underrated player (tiki) and their D, although not that tough, can come up with oppertune turnovers, and they can hide their weaknesses in the d-backfield with their phenomonal pass rush. the g men and us will come one and two in the division, them two, us one.

I read an article today, which the had the redskins going to the superbowl but losing to the ravens. NO FIRST YEAR QB WILL EVER DO THAT. And to be truthful the only team that has all of its coaches but alot of new players on defense is the giants. So i know Als and Joes offense isn't much different but we will strugle in the begining of the season. Which may cost us the division title. You know last year officials cost us the title. I dont think that a CB and a LB will change much because it does come down to the coaches.

Heres why I question the Eagles... their offense depends on the passing game, and they have a second year player who had a good, not great but good season for a rookie. Other than that you have nobody at reciever (sorry i'm forgeting about your rookie who would rather ski than play football). I don't really see how you guys improved this offseason where every other team in the nfc east made a huge push to try to get their teams over the top. I'm not going to deny that Donovan is probably the best QB in the division, but you guys need to put somebody other than bode miller at reciever. I don't see the Eagles having enough to win one division game this year as all the defenses in the nfc east have enough to stop anybody who crosses the line of scrimmage on the Eagles. Not to mention Mcnabb has to stay totally injury free this season as he is the only way the Eagles will manage to stay on the positive side of yards gained.

I'm not going to deny that Donovan is probably the best QB in the division, but you guys need to put somebody other than bode miller at reciever.

donovan might be physically the best receiver, but i dont think he has what mark brunell and drew bledsoe have mentally. he isnt very accurate but he can move very well when he needs to, something i cant say for mark or drew

really. And exactly what are you basing this claim on ? I can't wait to hear this.

Heh, lots of people have opinions on QB's that we don't agree with...

For Example: Sterling Sharpe said that Bledsoe has a really fragile psyche...I didn't think so when he was skewering Keyshawn...

Read TO's book, I think that will explain Mcnabb's lack of a mental grasp in the clutch :laugh:

um..... sure. But hey, since you chimed in.... wanna talk about about McNabb's, Bledsoe's, and Brunnell's post season performances through their careers ? Their "mental grasps" as you put it ?

Here are some TD/Int ratios in post season games for respective careers..... you know, "in the clutch"... go ahead, guess who's is who's.

6/12

11/11

18/12

um..... sure. But hey, since you chimed in.... wanna talk about about McNabb's, Bledsoe's, and Brunnell's post season peformances through their careers ? Their "mental grasps" as you put it ?

Here are some TD/Int ratios in post season games for respective careers..... you know, "in the clutch"... go ahead, guess who's is who's.

6/12

11/11

18/12

I'm gonna jump in here real quick and then go back and read the rest of the discussion.

Bledsoe has terrible post season numbers, he's your 6/12 guy. That, of course is why the cowboys will win the SB. :rolleyes:

Archived