Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Raleigh Fans?

mdl70

680 carries all the Redskins games. I hope they still will. Only problem is if there is an NC State basketball game they won't carrry the 'Skins.

They switch to either 520 or 570, i cant remember during a State game. At least they did last year.

You should come to the fan club we meet at Hi 5 bar on gamedays, no charge...and we are the local fan club...i havent missed a game is two years.....

thats really friggin cool if it wasnt for sunday film study i would drive the three hours for that at least once:cheers: wish they had something like that in columbia

You should come to the fan club we meet at Hi 5 bar on gamedays, no charge...and we are the local fan club...i havent missed a game is two years.....

I live in Durham, NC and will have the Sunday Ticket package but after hearing about this fan club I will be ditching my Sunday Ticket a couple of times this season to come join the party!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Another good bar to go to is the Hi 5 sports bar on Glenwood Ave in Raleigh. They have a nice big private party room there that they dedicate to 'Skins fans every gameday and it has a big projector and a bunch of plasmas. The room is always packed with 'Skins fans, I would recommend it.

Here's the group that apparently got Hi5 showing the games:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/TriangleRedskinsFanClub/

Here's the link to Hi5:

http://www.hi5raleigh.com/nipsflips.asp?Category=BottleCanBeer

I haven't met 'em, but they seem like a pretty active group. A few of 'em have season tickets, and I'm going to beg a carpool with any luck. And Hi5 has canned beers for $3.25 (and it seems like the cans were on sale on Sundays last season).

680 carries all the Redskins games. I hope they still will. Only problem is if there is an NC State basketball game they won't carrry the 'Skins.

Ha, I remember when I was a student at NCSU that there was a game against Denver, iirc, where Elway was leading the Broncos with around two minutes left and whatever the AM station was that carried the Skins (don't think it was 680, but don't recall), cut to the Duke Football Coach's Show. Even the coach at the time said something like, "You'd better go back to the game. You just made a lot of listeners mad!"

Very cool. I moved to Chapel Hill the first year the Panthers played. I spent most of the games when they weren't on tv down at the Carolina Sportsbar packed like a sardine while trying to watch a small tv. I've had Directv ever since, but I might have to see a few games with some fellow fans.

Dude, Im in!!! I can't wait for the season to start!!! RSM, thanks for the heads up!!!

Thanks for the heads up! I think that might be my viewing location when the game isn't on TV.

I'm in Wilmington(about 120 miles southeast of Raleigh) so we're pretty much in the same market.

DirecTV isn't an option for me b/c I have digital cable. But you'll get the Skins games when the Panthers aren't on. Actually, the only instance where that's not the case is if for example both are on Fox(or CBS) and they don't have a doubleheader that particular week, then of course they show the Panthers even if the Skins play at a different time.

But for the rest that aren't on there's a lot of good sports bars around that have the NFL Sunday ticket(that includes the NFL Network for that last game), usually with a lot of Skins fans.

And btw, they don't have the NFL network yet down here so that last game of the season maybe sports bar unless Time Warner gets it between now and the end of the year.

HTTR!!

Hi 5 is sweet and they have good food and beer. Like I said before, there is a private party room dedicated to 'Skins fans on Sundays with a huge projection screen and a bunch of plasmas (four of them I think). It's the best place in the triangle to catch a game because there are only 'Skins fans there and you don't have to put up with any brokeback Dallas fans, Giants fans, Steelers fans, Dolphins fans, or Panthers fans.

Look no further.....Listen to the people who are recommending Hi5. The place is friggin awesome!

I went there for the Cards game because I was in town that weekend last year. (My in-laws live in Sanford).

They have a projector screen, three or four smaller tvs to track other games, all in a private room.

To top it all off, one of the locals has a boom box playing "who let the dogs out" on big defensive stops and, of course, "Hail" at the proper times.

Don't miss it. I know I won't when I'm in town.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Im in Fayetteville NC (45min. from Raleigh)and I'll tell you the truth, I bought the Sunday ticket last season and EVERY Redskins game came on prime time with the exception of 1 game, so I really didn't need to spend my money on the ticket, as some others have said, as long as the panthers have their normal broadcast station, the Redskins are almost guaranteed to be on.

Archived