Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Raleigh Fans?

mdl70

The wife and I just made the move from Ashburn -> Raleigh and I have some questions.

How are the Redskins on TV down here? Do we have a chance at catching a 1pm game if the Panthers play at 4? My parents still have the season tickets, but I won't be able to make my way back there for more than a few games. Most of my viewing will have to be on TV.

No, Sunday Ticket isn't an option as I don't have DirecTV. We opted to switch from DTV to cable when we moved.

So...is there a pretty good shot at seeing the Skins when they aren't the national game? Any good bars to head to when they are?

Thanks,

I live in Raleigh and if the Panthers aren't on TV then chances are the Redskins will be. Before the Panthers were created, the Redskins were on TV all the time. So as long as the Panthers aren't on...you are in good shape. One of the AM radio stations carries the 'Skins games as well. It is 1300 and something.

The wife and I just made the move from Ashburn -> Raleigh and I have some questions.

How are the Redskins on TV down here? Do we have a chance at catching a 1pm game if the Panthers play at 4? My parents still have the season tickets, but I won't be able to make my way back there for more than a few games. Most of my viewing will have to be on TV.

No, Sunday Ticket isn't an option as I don't have DirecTV. We opted to switch from DTV to cable when we moved.

So...is there a pretty good shot at seeing the Skins when they aren't the national game? Any good bars to head to when they are?

Thanks,

uuugggg why would you go cable...specially living out of skins territory...ya gotta go direct not only do i have sunday ticket but i have comcast as welll.....like i never left

the sports bar thing gets old quick....at least it did for me

uuugggg why would you go cable...specially living out of skins territory...ya gotta go direct not only do i have sunday ticket but i have comcast as welll.....like i never left

the sports bar thing gets old quick....at least it did for me

Well...I just didn't want to mess with that stuff anymore. I loved it in our old house but I just wanted one wire coming out of the wall and into a DVR that would also carry local HD signals without an antenna. If the cable company didn't carry Center Ice, we would have gone with DTV as we get Center Ice every year. I think in what seems might be the few times the Skins aren't on TV, I'll head to a bar to watch it or I might be back in the area attending the actual game.

A couple of suggestions should you not have Directv (in no particular order):

Rudino's Rooftop (intersection of Strickland Rd.and Six Forks Rd.)

2 large screen projection TVs (1 with quad programming), 6-8 bar area TV's, 4 outdoor TV's

Cuisine: Grinders, Pizza, Wing

Bar: Full service, with usual domestics on tap

Positives: Great wait staff. I've never had a bad experience. Thursday nights are fun to sit out on the 'top, have ****tails and watch college or pro games.

Drawbacks: Tough to see the outdoor TV's, even under the awning. Indoor seating sometimes subjects you to second hand cigarette smoke.

Blinco's Sports Bar

6711 Glenwood Avenue

2 large screen wall-mounted plasma TVs, half dozen smaller plasmas each side, plenty of bar area TVs

Cuisine: All American menu (burgers, fries, wings, etc.)

Positives: Plasma's are great, food is excellent. Smoke-free dining to the right of the bar is effective with ceiling fans on.

Drawbacks: Bar area is flooded w/ secondhand smoke, like most bars are prone to be. Sometimes tough to get a table unless you show up early.

Ale House

(Locations in Raleigh, Brier Creek, and Cary)

TV arrangement varies by location, but generally one large screen projection in each dining area, with plenty of smaller, bar mounted TVs.

Cuisine: All American menu

Positives: Really good food and good service.

Drawbacks: Depending on location, there's a cross section of Buffalo, Dallas, and Miami fans whose only nickname for the Skins is "Deadskins".

Tailgater's Sports Bar

645 E.Millbrook Road

More traditional, smaller bar with less TV's, but on Sunday, it's a Redskins stronghold.

Cuisine: Wings, Sandwiches, Burgers

Positives: Strong Redskins fanbase, what more do you need?

Drawbacks: not the largest sports bar in the area

I hope this gets you started. PM me if you want more suggestions.

HTTR!

Get Direct TV back, its your only hope to catch all the games.You might see 4 or 5 by rolling the dice with the cable company. Best thing to do is print off the kitty kats schedule and ours and match them up. You also have to consider what network has the double header for the week.

Get Direct TV back, its your only hope to catch all the games.You might see 4 or 5 by rolling the dice with the cable company. Best thing to do is print off the kitty kats schedule and ours and match them up. You also have to consider what network has the double header for the week.

Further, we got most of the AFC broadcast games from last year on CBS, so check our schedule for dates where we play the AFC Norris (er, South) Division. We get to see most of the those, although I see them all with the Ticket. :D

We moved from Ashburn to Cary (right outside Raleigh) and got DirecTV w/ Sunday Ticket because we figured that's the only way we're catching them all for sure. I'm going to come home to watch the games on it when I am at school and we aren't on National TV. I'm sure some UNC Skins fans will migrate with me :)

My only question is the preseason games... I know the first two will be broadcast down here (one on NFL Network and other against the Panthers, the local team), but I'm worried about that third game, which is the most important one.

My advice: Get DirecTV back :)

A couple of suggestions should you not have Directv (in no particular):

Rudino's Rooftop (intersection of Strickland Rd.and Six Forks Rd.)

2 large screen projection TVs (1 with quad programming), 6-8 bar area TV's, 4 outdoor TV's

Cuisine: Grinders, Pizza, Wing

Bar: Full service, with usual domestics on tap

Positives: Great wait staff. I've never had a bad experience. Thursday nights are fun to sit out on the 'top, have ****tails and watch college or pro games.

Drawbacks: Tough to see the outdoor TV's, even under the awning. Indoor seating sometimes subjects you to second hand cigarette smoke.

Blinco's Sports Bar

6711 Glenwood Avenue

2 large screen wall-mounted plasma TVs, half dozen smaller plasmas each side, plenty of bar area TVs

Cuisine: All American menu (burgers, fries, wings, etc.)

Positives: Plasma's are great, food is excellent. Smoke-free dining to the right of the bar is effective with ceiling fans on.

Drawbacks: Bar area is flooded w/ secondhand smoke, like most bars are prone to be. Sometimes tough to get a table unless you show up early.

Ale House

(Locations in Raleigh, Brier Creek, and Cary)

TV arrangement varies by location, but generally one large screen projection in each dining area, with plenty of smaller, bar mounted TVs.

Cuisine: All American menu

Positives: Really good food and good service.

Drawbacks: Depending on location, there's a cross section of Buffalo, Dallas, and Miami fans whose only nickname for the Skins is "Deadskins".

Tailgater's Sports Bar

645 E.Millbrook Road

More traditional, smaller bar with less TV's, but on Sunday, it's a Redskins stronghold.

Cuisine: Wings, Sandwiches, Burgers

Positives: Strong Redskins fanbase, what more do you need?

Drawbacks: not the largest sports bar in the area

I hope this gets you started. PM me if you want more suggestions.

HTTR!

I watched a few skins games at Tailgaters last year. Not a bad spot at all. What it lacks in technology and size it more than makes up for in atmosphere.

I moved to Rock Hill and last year on DirecTV, if the Redskins were the nationally televised game, they would preempt the game on Satellite. hence, the local broadcast station would chose the Panthers first and it would also be on satellite since the DirecTV picks up the feed from that local station. I missed the entire NYG game (36-0, didn't really miss anything) and half the Tampa game (36-35, when they realized at halftime the Redskins were on satellite. I was ensured by DirecTV that this year that won't happen. No more blackouts.

If the Panthers have a home game and its sold out, FOX which is the NFC side of the NFL, will only show the 1 NFC game, NFL rules apply by showing the home market over any other game. You will get the primetime games and maybe 1 or 2 more on FOX, if we play on CBS you might get 1 more. The Indy game is gonna be covered by CBS.

Finally you will get probably 5 games on local cable, better use one of those sports bars or fork out the cash for Direct TV.

I live in Durham, and I watched most of the Skins games last season on TV ... maybe it was good luck though. I'm about to move to Philadelphia, so I'm going through the same deal w/ DTV vs cable...

Looks to me that you will probably see 8 or 9 games this year depending on whether FOX or CBS is showing the game. But at least 8 including...

Both Cowboys games, one is SNF and the other is during the Panthers bye week.

The final game vs the Giants, its on NFL Network primetime.

The Vikings, MNF opener.

The Falcons game, Panthers play MNF.

The Eagles game in Philly, Panthers play MNF.

The Jags if FOX doesnt carry the game. A better than 50/50 shot, the Panthers play at 1, and when an East Coast game is scheduled at 4 it is normally a national game.

The Colts game is almost a lock. The Panthers play at 1. Even though it is a road game it is only CST.

The Panthers game...Duh.

Leaving 7 games that wont be broadcast on local stations:

@ Texans

@Giants

Vs. Titans

@ Bucs

Vs. Eagles

@ Saints

@ Rams

Hope that helps a little.

I live in Virginia Beach, so when the Skins are on you can come to my house while I'm at Fed Ex Field for home games and join me for away games at the crib...only b/c I love my fellow ES family :kiss: :laugh:

HTTR!

You should get Dtv, but DVR HD is sweat...it's a sucky trade off, I know. Good luck :cheers:

Thanks for the replies.

As much as we liked having DTV in our old house, that's just not happening this time around. The bar listings and Carolina matchups helped a lot. Maybe I'll see some of you on gameday at the Ale House. I've really taken a liking to their beers. I just always assumed they were a huge Panthers hang out.

Thanks again,

Hello and welcome to the "old north state,I've lived here all my life and before the ****kats came to town, it was skins all the time,but thanks to them no more[****S] As has been stated before if the kittens are on you are doomed,[unless you choose to sit in the bar] if you want to see ALL of the skins games,your best bet is directv sunday ticket.I couldn't stand not being able to see their games and had to get it myself,thats the hook-up to make for certain you see them all.Again welcome and good luck in your new surroundings. HAIL

I live in Raleigh and if the Panthers aren't on TV then chances are the Redskins will be. Before the Panthers were created, the Redskins were on TV all the time. So as long as the Panthers aren't on...you are in good shape. One of the AM radio stations carries the 'Skins games as well. It is 1300 and something.

680 carries all the Redskins games. I hope they still will. Only problem is if there is an NC State basketball game they won't carrry the 'Skins.

A majority of the Redskins games are usually on TV but it sucks that the Panthers are an NFC team and therefore on Fox a lot.

Another good bar to go to is the Hi 5 sports bar on Glenwood Ave in Raleigh. They have a nice big private party room there that they dedicate to 'Skins fans every gameday and it has a big projector and a bunch of plasmas. The room is always packed with 'Skins fans, I would recommend it.

http://triangle.citysearch.com/profile/41730651

Archived