Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about this.

Smooty

You want to trade one of our only guys on O who plays every play for a guy who told the press he plays when he feels like it and throw in 2 #1 picks (which we desparetly need) to boot? Man I like a buzz as much as the next guy, but maybe you should take a little break from the:high: . I wouldn't trade a ham sandwich for Moss. We've got good wr's that are only going to get better as the season progresses and they learn the system. We need a qb that can deliver the ball(hopefully Ramsey) and and oline to protect him.

Funny that our war room is a joke with Snyder on board.

We've only picked Bailey, Jansen, Gardner, Smoot, Arrington, Samuels and now Ramsey as presently key contributors early, or projected key contributors. I'd say the joke's on you, Smooty, if you think the league's laughing at our early picks.

Originally posted by Art

Funny that our war room is a joke with Snyder on board.

We've only picked Bailey, Jansen, Gardner, Smoot, Arrington, Samuels and now Ramsey as presently key contributors early, or projected key contributors. I'd say the joke's on you, Smooty, if you think the league's laughing at our early picks.

Your early picks have panned out well for you, no doubt about it. I think it's the team's inability to evaluate talent in the later rounds of the draft that has people chuckling at your War Room. Its not easy to find a 'diamond in the rough' or a key contributor once you get past the 3rd round but some teams (Steelers always, Eagles recently) have a history of finding cheap value in the later rounds, and the Skins have not.

:pint:

Stink,

Our later round picks haven't worked out. How much of that is because they aren't any good versus how much of that is because we've changed leadership, which immediately came in and installed their own later round picks over the previous ones, I don't know.

Right now, nine of our 10 draft picks are on the roster, practice squad or IR. I don't know that this class was that good, but, it had a better survival rate than previous classes.

Originally posted by Art

Stink,

Our later round picks haven't worked out. How much of that is because they aren't any good versus how much of that is because we've changed leadership, which immediately came in and installed their own later round picks over the previous ones, I don't know.

I would say that a good portion of the fault is with changing leadership, but even so, with four coaches in four years that's a lot of wasted draft picks...

Originally posted by StinkNugget

Your early picks have panned out well for you, no doubt about it. I think it's the team's inability to evaluate talent in the later rounds of the draft that has people chuckling at your War Room. Its not easy to find a 'diamond in the rough' or a key contributor once you get past the 3rd round but some teams (Steelers always, Eagles recently) have a history of finding cheap value in the later rounds, and the Skins have not.

True enough. Vinny Cerrato is no Ron Wolf.

Still, I would take this over Casserly's miserable record of finding some late round gems ie Brian Mitchell, while screwing up our 1st round picks on losers like Tom Carter, Heath Shuler, or Andre Johnson

Art I was talking about from round 2 on.First round has done wonders for us however Smoot and Gardner were All Marty.Ramsey is the only pick that was all Snyders call.

Moss changes the game more than Davis.

Double teams all the time and triple teams in 2 wide sets.

SS would have a field day with a decent RB.

The defense would be on its heels from the start.

Smooty et al-

REPEAT AFTER ME:

DAVIS HAS A NO-TRADE CLAUSE IN HIS CONTRACT AS PART OF HIS LAST RESTRUCTURING. A NO-TRADE CLAUSE MEANS...:doh: WE CAN'T TRADE HIM!!!!

So, all these stupid idiotic threads about "Let's trade Davis for..." ought to just get wiped off this board to make room for more meaningful posts, like the Daily Babe thread. :D

Archived