Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

People seem to be forgetting about Todd Collins...

FunBunch7

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Collins ends up being first off the bench if Brunell goes down. In the middle of a game, you want a guy who can step in and keep the offense running, which is what Collins can do.

Now, if Brunell goes down for any length of time, I believe Campbell would be the guy because of his ability. But, I don't know if I'd feel comfortable putting the kid in when the game is on the line right now.

Jason

in the early 90's, that's the way Joe Gibbs did it with Humphries and Rutledge. - If it was mop up, Rutledge would go in. When Rypien got injured in 1990 and missed 3 games, it was Humphries that started (although he did horrible in Detroit, so Rutledge came in and brought us back from behind to win)

If Todd Collins ever starts a game I fear we will be in trouble.

why? How many times have you seen him play?

With as disciplined and meticulous as Saunders is said to be, wouldn't that indicate that Collins' is doing something right to not only still have a job in the NFL, but to be brought here by Saunders request?

why? How many times have you seen him play?

With as disciplined and meticulous as Saunders is said to be, wouldn't that indicate he's doing something right to not only still have a job in the NFL, but to brought here by Saunders request?

I get the feeling he was brought here to help ease Brunell and Campbell along, not to take snaps in meaningful games.

I get the feeling he was brought here to help ease Brunell and Campbell along, not to take snaps in meaningful games.

If that were the case, he'd be a coach and we'd give the roster spot to someone else. - I'm pretty sure he can play. :)

I brought this up earlier this year and received the same response. Collins doesn't have a lot of support here. He is number 3 in most fans eyes, but who knows, he may be better than expected, but not likely. He was brought here for his knowledge of Saunders system.

But don't count him out, he may be needed in a crunch, and let's support the man. He is wearing burgundy and gold, if he is asked to take a snap, I for one will be supporting him a hundred percent.

People arent forgetting Collins, hes just the clipboard holder.

He isnt going to come in and light it up, no matter how much drugs you take. Hes been a career backup that has never been able to do anything in his career, so now that hes 30, hes going to explode? Dont think so. If you have a choice between Campbell, lots more talent and ability, less knowledge of the offense, and Collins, you go with the future of the franchise.

I am not under estimating Collins, I think alot of people of over rating Brunell. Mark was consistanly bad in 2004, and was just inconsistant last year. Please spare me he played bad in game because of injuries. The man has never missed a Redskin game because of injury, NEVER! I expect that Todd Collins will out perform mark Brunell in the preseason. and that QB Collins will open the season as the starter.

I may be tripping, but the last game I remember seeing Collins contribute in was a Buffalo/KC game, and he was the Bills QB. Heck, maybe it was the other way around (KC QB) which again speaks volumes since I cant pinpoint who he even played for. Too many unknowns here...lets hope it doesnt come to this.

People arent forgetting Collins, hes just the clipboard holder.

He isnt going to come in and light it up, no matter how much drugs you take. Hes been a career backup that has never been able to do anything in his career, so now that hes 30, hes going to explode? Dont think so. If you have a choice between Campbell, lots more talent and ability, less knowledge of the offense, and Collins, you go with the future of the franchise.

Okay, after I say this, don't report me to ES and have me committed...

I can think of another quarterback who was a career backup and started playing after the age of 30...

Before I name this Hall of Famer, let me just say...

I believe Campbell is the future of this franchise, presumeably that's why we moved up to draft him...but Collins has 8 years experience and has no mileage on him...he just happened to be behind Trent Green who lit it up in KC...

Alot of QBs get their shot due to an injury and they come out of nowhere and the next season they sign a 4 year 20 million dollar contract with a new team...Warner, Trent Green, Scott Mitchell 10 years ago...heck Vinny Testaverde was WORSE than a backup all those years with the Bucs but he finally hit paydirt in Balitimre and New York...Jake Delhomme was a backup...Gus Frerotte has bounced around but done a decent job where ever he has went...

Oh, and that QB I mentioned earlier that was a "career backup" into his 30s...

Steve Young!

Now don't go off on me...I'm not comparing Todd Collins to Steve Young...I'm just saying we do not know what we have in Collins any more than we do Jason Campbell...but Collins DOES HAVE 8 years of NFL experience...and if we are playing in New York tomorrow with the playoffs on the line...I'll go with Collins!

Archived