Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I love CP !!

alleycat

CP is always at Wiz games, as I rarely can go to Redskins games because it is so cold out there and I have lots of facial fractures (cold=pain, don't even tell me Ben Roethlisberger is gonna do well this year)

So I get to see CP, Moss and Chris Samuels at the Phonebooth all the time - I haven't seen too many other redskins there though.

CP is always center court, front row with like 2 seats on either side of him, if he doesn't have other players with him he just brings kids or girls down from other sections to sit court side with him.

He always does some little thing for the Megatron camera also. He is awesome.

I think he hugged Chris Samuels on camera and then kissed this lady sitting behind him the last time I was there.

I like the comment he made on Total Access about his friends on Defense having something for the Rams' Steven Jackson (he was making a hand gesture punching his flat hand with his fist. Then he kept doing it while Jackson was trying to talk. I thought it was a classic moment.

I like the comment he made on Total Access about his friends on Defense having something for the Rams' Steven Jackson (he was making a hand gesture punching his flat hand with his fist. Then he kept doing it while Jackson was trying to talk. I thought it was a classic moment.

Clinton was n-o-torious for this at the U, he got in McGahee's ear in'01 told him you'll never be better than Portis, and he didn't have any swagger until Clinton was long gone to the league. Pure Clinton not even that season and he' tryin' to get in people's head's.

"Man, Sean taylor, Marcus Washington, Cornelius Griffin - Those are some of my closest friends!"

Like he was saying the Rams don't know who is on their team I guess, either way it was hilarious when he said,

"I have to practice against those guys every day and Marcus, he's just runnin, he'll tackle you even if you don't have the ball, he is just the most energetic guy ever."

:laugh:

Ya, CP is an All-Pro back and just think what we'll have if the OL got their technique down? Let's see how many more SBs. But "O" well, Samuels ? Coach Buges (As Coach Gibbs refers to Buges) but anyway Coach Buges is still working with Chris, to put it mildly, after about a $15m bonus you would think the work is pretty much curved out-some on this board figures he's worth every penny. Jansen has his side but we need another Jacoby on the left side...did you see Samuels in the wild card....and at Seattle ...I mean they were running the corners on him. I'm taking as much caution and being as sensitive as I can as a Redskin. But with Samuels, I don't see no battles going on out there...blood like from the Bostic days. I really believe the OL is the decisive point and is most critical to a date in Miami. Enough of that....I'm gonna keep running this one. Until I see CS in a different light, I'll continue to revisit my feelings on the left side of the OL.

I got Jansen as the most physical on the OL overall. Receivers overall (WR, TEs, FBs) I would say Sellers, Rock, and Cooley. Sellers we've seen him take, well what some would say is 1 of the best Safetys in the league, and straite smokem...Philly comes to mind....he also carried, literally, CP into the endzone and possibly avoiding disaster in Arizonia. His contract needs to be given extended consideration maybe with a few million tied in as a bonus. Don't think he's worth it ? Well ask some other teams. And Cooley didn't only run Dallas in the ground..hey go back and check the film, because he also did it in Seattle and Tampa.

But CP is hands down and may arguably be, visibly, the most physical RB in the league. I don't see San Diego's RB "runnin" folks straight in the ground...all RBs have there moments, but I'm talking time-after-time..and this is what I see:

CP runs hard, I mean he runs hard as hell and there are not a lot of DBs or LBs that can go shoulder to shoulder with him. I mean CP ran someone down in the ground during the wild card in Tampa, when he scored after our INT, in the 1st quarter. I can go back and look at the tape but I think it was a SS. But he ran him down and there was some brushes from other LBs on that same play, too. Like when Philly came to town and he scored, again ran some one straight in the ground...oh you remeber when after scoring he did that pop dance and at Philly he was breathing life into the football and giving the Redskins as a whole mouth-to-mouth resucitation. When NY Giants came to town he smoked the hell out of a Giants DB, I mean he smoked him from about 25 yds out...I think we ran the left side, but he slipped a LB, and a DB showed up and CP was simply gone.

There are many instances where CP just runs people in the ground and he can go around you too. I would say CP is an All- Pro back easily and worth every bit of what he's paid if not more---probably more. Kootoes to Cerrato on that one. Rock will probably be running harder this training camp, and focusing on other intangibles....but like most of the comments already stated, if Lumsden hits the practice squad how long will he last. Ya, so all kinds of factors will be considered when we're talking roster changes. But then again Rock probably wouldn't last long either. We've also experienced results of Lumsden on another team--I think it was Seattle, but he didn't fair too well.

:munchout:

I agree with what you say mostly.

CP is not the most physical back though, Jamal Lewis is by far the most Physical Halfback in the league, no comparison to anyone else, then Rudi Johnson after that.

CP is so amazing though because he runs a 4.28 40 yard dash which is tops among starting RBs - hell it would be tops among Cornerbacks, but is as physical as backs 15 pounds heavier than him and also can carry the load in a bruising running attack like he has in Denver and DC.

Find me another back who is that fast who can be an every down back in an offense which is 50% running and I'll say, hey you found Clinton Portis again! :laugh:

Even Reggie bush isn't as fast as CP. Nobody can catch CP once its a straight line race, and I think he is finally getting a feel for the Oline and the Oline is getting a feel for him. This is going to be a big year.:2cents:

:cheers: :point2sky

Ya, CP is an All-Pro back and just think what we'll have if the OL got their technique down? Let's see how many more SBs. But "O" well, Samuels ? Coach Buges (As Coach Gibbs refers to Buges) but anyway Coach Buges is still working with Chris, to put it mildly, after about a $15m bonus you would think the work is pretty much curved out-some on this board figures he's worth every penny. Jansen has his side but we need another Jacoby on the left side...did you see Samuels in the wild card....and at Seattle ...I mean they were running the corners on him. I'm taking as much caution and being as sensitive as I can as a Redskin. But with Samuels, I don't see no battles going on out there...blood like from the Bostic days. I really believe the OL is the decisive point and is most critical to a date in Miami. Enough of that....I'm gonna keep running this one. Until I see CS in a different light, I'll continue to revisit my feelings on the left side of the OL.

:munchout:

I actually think Randy Thomas is the best runblocking lineman by far.

Samuels has been a much better tackle in my opinion than Jansen, but it is hard to say because jansen can't stay healthy lately (2 years now...) and Chris has to go against all-pro talent much more often than Jon. There isn't a better 1-2 punch as far as tackles in the league then our two boys.

I don't know how you can say Samuels isn't a good run blocker, almost all of CP's big runs come from Chris' side because he is quick enough to seal the 2nd level, which is our major problem.

I don't want to get into an arguement, I just don't like the sniping towards Chris, I don't understand where it comes from and it seems to come only from a group of Redskins fans, almost every other team except Seattle, The Colts, Chiefs or Rams would die to have a LT like Chris. I just don't get you guys... or what you base it on other than some strange predetermined notion from 3 years ago that you won't let go of even though it is not at all descriptive of the current situation.

Just my :2cents: :cheers: :point2sky :logo: :helmet:

Archived