Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Disrespectfull Cowboy hat taken care of

fish

This knucklehead still just didn't get it. To add insult to insult the backwardlly, diagonally off kilter set hat was a ............. you guessed it........a cowgirl hat! :doh: Well, by I now, I was ready to swoop in and square this jack-off right away. But before I had taken 3 steps, Steeler hat reaches over and smacks this punk right smack dab in the back of the head knocking the offensive cowpuke hat onto the ground! :cool: Of course the smack-ee (a 20-something trailer trash, pencil-thin mustache wearing cornfed, braindead, inbred punk)...

Some people are never taught manners or to respect anthems, especially the National Anthem or anything for that matter...

Thanks for serving!!!

GO SKINS!!! :dallasuck HTTR

Awesome story... Cant stomach disrespect.

Speaking of disrespect, the night after we beat dallass the 2nd time last year, did I say 2nd time?? Ok, the 2nd time (I love typing that) anyway after we beat them the 2nd time I was in the local mall (mind you I kive in Buffalo Bill territory) and had all my "gear on" (Redskin hat, leather jacket) and I see this cowboy hat coming to me over all the people. He gets closer and he has got all his gear on also. I said "Might not wanna wear that". He takes his jacket off, puts his hat in the sleeve of his jacket and slings the jacket over his shoulder. My wife says"Your mean" About an hour later I seen him again and he still had his jacket over his shoulder.... Loved that!!

Greetings Boys and Blondie!

I haven't posted in quite awhile, just lurking lately.

I have a story I thought you guys might find funny.

Currently I'm stationed in the 3rd Infantry Regiment, aka The Old Guard, at FT Myer VA. For those of you who might not know, we are the guys that guard the Tomb of the Unkowns, conduct the military burials in Arlington National Cemetary (ANC) and a myriad of other ceremonial functions in addition to having to maintain the standard Infantry proficiency skill sets. You might remember when President Reagan died and his funeral proceedings..............We're the guys that did that.

Anyway...........

Yesterday, The President received the Prime Minister of Japan for an official State visit. The highlighted events were a Full Honors Joint Arrival ceremony at The White House (TWH), a Full honors Joint Wreath Ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknowns (TUS) and a State Dinner back at TWH.

Ater beating feet back from TWH, I headed down into ANC for the wreath ceremony at the TUS. As you can imagine, the TUS is a sacred site and inhearently has a set of proper decorum and expected behavior, all of which is precisely and painstakenly articulated to the public by one of our sergeants prior to the execution of the ceremeony. Now this is nothing complicated.........AT ALL. I'm talking about VERY, VERY simple things like; be quiet, remain standing and place your hand over your heart and/or take your hat off at the playing of the National Anthem and the playing of Taps. All of these tasks are fairly easily attainable, right? Standing is easy because there are no chairs on which to sit and sitting on the stairs is VERY uncomfortable. Taking off the hat and placing the hand over the heart are skills that are usually taught at the elementary school level and reinforced most Natioanl holidays and sporting events. No worries right? Too easy eh?

So the Prime Minister and the Commander make thier way to the Tomb, take their position and the band starts playing both the Japanese and American anthems (YES, plenty of irony there). We military boys render a proper military hand salute and the civilians cover their heart with either their hand or hat. Well, most of them anyway. Despite the briefing they received a mere 5 minutes prior and any standard common knowledge, there were still a few, approx 5-7, guys that didn't take off their hats.

Now I usually position myself at the top of the steps in a supervisory, birds-eye-view overwatch position and did so yesterday. While scanning the crowd, I noticed this older gentleman wearing a Black and Gold baseball hat. Me being me - a football junkie - I just figured it was a Steelers hat. The Steelers being the reigning Champions and all the Rothlesburger (sp?) fiasco stuff recently in the news, it was a natural assumption.

So, there we were at the begining of the anthems and these 5 knuckleheads didn't take off their hats. Right as my boys were ready to swoop in and kindly ask these folks to please do as we just told you to do, "sir", this booming voice says, "TAKE OFF YOUR HATS". It was like a voice "from above". We Army boys kinda looked around at each other silently asking each other "who was THAT?" responding with silent shrugs and upturned palms signifying that it wasn't any of us and nobody knew who it was. I kinda thought it came from the general direction of the guy in the Steelers hat, but since the crowd was all facing away from and below me, that was pure speculation. Whoever it was, got his point across though - quick. All remaining hats were whipped off those heads by the wearer in like 2.3 nano-seconds.

The anthems played on and I returned to my position of attention and Present Arms (salute) with a "watever" kinda of disposition. A crissis had been averted and none of us had to deal with it.

At the conclusion of the anthems, there is some reposturing, repositioning in preparation to place the wreath at the base of the tomb. After all these movements were completed, the bugler steped up and started playing Taps. Again, the Army boys whip off a strac salute, the civilians remove their hats and/or place their hands over hearts. This time all the hats were off, having learned their lesson and not wanting to re-hear "THE VOICE FROM ABOVE" again.

All except 1 guy.

This knucklehead still just didn't get it. To add insult to insult the backwardlly, diagonally off kilter set hat was a ............. you guessed it........a cowgirl hat! :doh: Well, by I now, I was ready to swoop in and square this jack-off right away. But before I had taken 3 steps, Steeler hat reaches over and smacks this punk right smack dab in the back of the head knocking the offensive cowpuke hat onto the ground! :cool: Of course the smack-ee (a 20-something trailer trash, pencil-thin mustache wearing cornfed, braindead, inbred punk) turns to face the smack-er. My full dress blues, menacing stone cold hard face wearing self appeared right over Steeler hat's shoulder and in my best drill sergeant growl, I sneer "Leave the hat on the ground, EYES FRONT"!

Which of course, he did.

On the outside, my public face was :mad: , but inside I was :notworthy :applause: and :laugh: !

When the ceremony was officially complete, I went over to the Black and Gold wearing baseball hat guy, shook his hand and thanked him for his assistance in policing up the riff raff. It was then I noticed that his hat was not a Pittsburgh hat at all, but an Army hat. The Army colors are Black and Gold. West Point athletic team colors are black and gold and the ranger tab is black with gold letter spelling out R-A-N-G-E-R in a half moon-shape. This gentleman was a retired Army officer. He said, "No problem, it was a pleasure. Not only am I a retired Infantry Colonel, former Airborne, Ranger (while tapping the wings and Ranger tab on my uniform) but I'm also a Reskins fan. So slapping that g#@*&amn cowgirl hat was was just icing on the cake!"

This guy was like 55 or so and he actually used the term "cowgirl"! I was cracking up!

I thought you guys might enjoy that one.

not impressed at all......just because he likes the stinking cowgirls doesn't mean you have the right to treat him like he's crap... even though he might be! That's the thing that makes me mad at police officers.... some of them think they are big shots because they wear the badge..... jump off your high horse dude!

BTW thanks for your service to the country!:notworthy

Great story!

I feel for ya. I was in the Marines on one of their silent drill teams. I know how painstaking doing the SAME thing EVERYDAY can get, but the shear honor and gratitude you receive from Vets and Service Members is well worth it.

not impressed at all......just because he likes the stinking cowgirls doesn't mean you have the right to treat him like he's crap... even though he might be! That's the thing that makes me mad at police officers.... some of them think they are big shots because they wear the badge..... jump off your high horse dude!

BTW thanks for your service to the country!:notworthy

You have got to be kidding. You read the account and THIS is what you walked away with?

Please tell us didn't actually read the story.

You have got to be kidding. You read the account and THIS is what you walked away with?

Please tell us didn't actually read the story.

you're only kissing his butt because it's "my favorite" team..... if the same was said about the skins you'd be flaming mad........ He puts a story out there like this and we are supposed to become cheerleaders? Put the shoe on the other foot and you will see what I'm saying! This story would have NO substance if the guy would have been wearing any other cap..... go ahead and admit it.

you're only kissing his butt because it's "my favorite" team..... if the same was said about the skins you'd be flaming mad........ He puts a story out there like this and we are supposed to become cheerleaders? Put the shoe on the other foot and you will see what I'm saying! This story would have NO substance if the guy would have been wearing any other cap..... go ahead and admit it.

I think you miss the point it was more that the guy wouldnt take off his hat than it was the cowboys hat..It just sweetens the story that it was a cowbo fan

bigbass, you're making a fool of yourself.

The story is about a disrespectful, ignorant punk who happened to be wearing a Cowboy hat. He could have been wearing a Snap-On Tools hat, and he still would have been a disrespectful, ignorant punk. That it happened to be a Cowboy hat only makes it that much more amusing to Redskins fans.

If you can't see THAT, you either have serious reading comprehension skill issues, or an overdeveloped sense of silver starism. Either way, you are so incredibly off base on this one it's sad.

You might want to consider simply walking away from this thread while you still have SOME small bit of plausible deniability ("huh, I guess didn't read it carefully enough") left. Somehow I doubt you'll see the wisdom in that, however.

Archived