Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Dynasty that was

DWinzit

I don't know if we have any 49er fans here but just read something that sparked this thought:

What the hell really happened to the dynasty that was the 49ers? They had top coaches and players. FA can't be blamed because players would purposely sign one year below market value contracts with them to get a ring. I know there was some questionable tactics by their front office, but even with all their good draft picks, they turned into the Bungles.

Eddie Debartolo and Carmen Policy are no longer running the show. Their current ownership doesn't have a clue.

I know they are no longer with them, but they have changed coaches numerous times, always have top five picks and recently have had money to burn. It sure seems like some combo would get them some wins.

Their owner is cheap. Firing Mooch wasnt a smart move either. I really want to see what the Niners will do this year. Are they going to be bad like most people predict? or they may surprise alot of ppl.

It sure looks like they're going to be as bad as people say, again!

I guess their situation is a bit like the Redskins. They fell hard after years of great success. It took us until Gibbs came back. We had many top 5 picks and numerous coaches with the similar results.

I really don't understand why they let Jeff Garcia go he was playing very good when he was in SF it seemed like once they let him and mariucci go they went downhill fast and now they just have a hard time attracting big name free agents,Wasn't their biggest free agent signing Antonio Bryant this year. No one sees any promise in the team. It'll be a long time before you see the niners on top again and I don't think Mike Nolan will be the one to get them there.

Their owner is cheap. Firing Mooch wasnt a smart move either. I really want to see what the Niners will do this year. Are they going to be bad like most people predict? or they may surprise alot of ppl.

It just goes to show that with the right management team in place, an owner who will spend the money is >>>>>> than one that won't. This team would never be where it is now had Snyder not bought the team and a more thrifty owner did.

If I remember correctly, Carmen Policy got in trouble for manipulating the salary cap illegally, which caused some penalties to be assessed. That may or may not be the reason for the beginning of the Niners' downfall, but they seemed to coincide.

It's basically the same situation that happened after JKC died here. They went from great ownership to really bad ownership (though in the case of the Redskins it was more unstable ownership). Great front office to mediocre front office. And great coaching to bad coaching.

Good comparision. Now if they could only coax Bill Walsh out of retirement :laugh:

Archived