Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

the new nfl headcoach video game?

tn_skin_fan_21

I have it. I bought it the day it came out. I played it for about 3 hours that night and feel like have gotten nowhere. They really mean it when they say you do everything. You even have scheduled office time in which NOTHING happens. Best to simulate through that.

So I bought it, played it for a few hours, and have not touched it since...take that for what you will.

Truth is, I may not have got deep enough into it. I am definitely a guy who likes in-depth games. I have always thought Madden could do so much more with their franchise mode. But...I don't know about this game. After I play again I will give a better update.

The good news it is only 39.99. Atleast they didn't push it out at Madden prices!!

Once you learn how it works, you can pretty much simulate through everything. Each day (Monday through Friday), you have four blocks of time set aside for certain tasks. Two of those blocks are set aside for office hours, where you simply can make changes to your depth chart and playbook. Then the other two blocks depend on what period of the offseason you're in. For example, just after your hired, those blocks are set aside for assembling your coaching staff. Before the draft, some of those blocks are set aside for scouting players. And during free agency, some of the blocks are set aside for player negotiations. You can pretty much simulate through the office hours and just take care of things like scouting and free agency.

My biggest complaint with the game is the rating system. Clinton Portis is rated a 52 (same as Jim Molinaro and three points below Robert Royal). Marcus Washington is a 74 (same as Warrick Holdman). Griffin is only a 70, and Salave'a is a 51, but Brandon Noble is a 55. And Walt Harris is rated a 66, while Carlos Rogers is rated a 62. But probably worst of all is that they rated Gregg Williams a 53 and made Jerry Gray and Greg Blache white.

My biggest complaint with the game is the rating system. Clinton Portis is rated a 52 (same as Jim Molinaro and three points below Robert Royal). Marcus Washington is a 74 (same as Warrick Holdman). Griffin is only a 70, and Salave'a is a 51, but Brandon Noble is a 55. And Walt Harris is rated a 66, while Carlos Rogers is rated a 62. But probably worst of all is that they rated Gregg Williams a 53 and made Jerry Gray and Greg Blache white.

WTF?

I'm not getting this garbage.

i have the game and the ratings are done by range the reason the ratings are so low is because the players havnt practiced or played a game. for example if portis had a good practice he will be at the top of his range and will have an 82 rating (which i think is still low). at least sean taylor has max at 99!!!. so if portis sucks at practice and fumbles a lot his rating will be 52 for that day and will change based on his next practices. if portis does an okay job at practice his rating will be somewhere in between 52-82. ME personally i love this game if u like in depth games where u controll everything u will like it.

i have the game and the ratings are done by range the reason the ratings are so low is because the players havnt practiced or played a game. for example if portis had a good practice he will be at the top of his range and will have an 82 rating (which i think is still low). at least sean taylor has max at 99!!!. so if portis sucks at practice and fumbles a lot his rating will be 52 for that day and will change based on his next practices. if portis does an okay job at practice his rating will be somewhere in between 52-82. ME personally i love this game if u like in depth games where u controll everything u will like it.

That makes sense. But, what about Greg Williams at 53? I just bought the game and when I saw that I was amazed. Saunders is at 94, I believe.

Archived