Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite Players

betsy thurman

How do you guys decide on a favorite player? is it on the field play only? or a combination of on the field and off the field ? personally i like to consider both when "declaring "a favorite player, but just wondered how others felt? there have been some terrific football players on the Skins over the years but because of off the field behavior i just don't like them -- i've always thought that to be a true Redskin you should represent a respectable human being as well as a team player that gives 100% -- i think we can all agree that Art and Darrell represent the best of both -- LMK what you think!

You make a great point. My favorite player is Marcus Washington (whose custome sig I should be getting soon thanks to a member on this board). I like MW because of his on the field and off the field behavior and energy. He's always smiling and seems to genuinely love his job. Having said that, I plan on purchasing a Sean Taylor Jersey in the coming days, lol. He's a beast on the field. But off the field antics play a role in who my favorite player is.

Totally agree! I decide through the combination also. I have to say Taylor doesn't really fit the "off the field" decision however I do think people can change and Taylor is young and does fit that role. I like Sean Taylor and I think he makes a good true Redskin.

PS - how did you put that nicely made pic in your signature area?

My favorite player is usually determined by the guy that distinguishes himself on the field as well as off the field. Between coming up with big plays time and time again and his thursday character interviews, I believe Clinton Portis is my favorite player. I think he has been my favorite ever since he took his first handoff as a Redskin to the house.

It's all about the player's skill and personality. My favorite player is Jon Jansen. A great tackle and one heck of a guy! Got to agree with TheDiplomat, off the field issues are a part in deciding who your favorite player is. I love ST but I want to make sure he is on the field a few more years before I drop 80 bucks on a jersey. I actually sent an order for a Jansen jersey yesterday - can't wait 'till I get it!

My favorite player is usually determined by the guy that distinguishes himself on the field as well as off the field. Between coming up with big plays time and time again and his thursday character interviews, I believe Clinton Portis is my favorite player. I think he has been my favorite ever since he took his first handoff as a Redskin to the house.

I teared up a bit thinking of that first run. That is one of the greatest Redskin expieriences in my life. I went nuts when that happened. Top three moment easy.

Totally agree! I decide through the combination also. I have to say Taylor doesn't really fit the "off the field" decision however I do think people can change and Taylor is young and does fit that role. I like Sean Taylor and I think he makes a good true Redskin.

PS - how did you put that nicely made pic in your signature area?

chewy is "the man" on sigs -- all praise goes to him for beautiful sig, i just told him what i wanted and he designed it :notworthy

http://redskin-roadtrips.com

you can check out his site or look him up on ES and pm him

chewy is "the man" on sigs -- all praise goes to him for beautiful sig, i just told him what i wanted and he designed it :notworthy

http://redskin-roadtrips.com

you can check out his site or look him up on ES and pm him

OK thanks. I was trying to add pics from my hard drive but they wouldn't take. I'm kinda new at this segment so I'm not sure what I should do to add pics etc.

How do you guys decide on a favorite player? is it on the field play only? or a combination of on the field and off the field ? personally i like to consider both when "declaring "a favorite player, but just wondered how others felt? there have been some terrific football players on the Skins over the years but because of off the field behavior i just don't like them -- i've always thought that to be a true Redskin you should represent a respectable human being as well as a team player that gives 100% -- i think we can all agree that Art and Darrell represent the best of both -- LMK what you think!

you are on the ball 100%. i can't pick someone as my favorite player without looking at their off field characteristics. and i don't think i will EVER find a player who i would pick over darrell as my favorite player in football.

i just like who i like and try not to think about it or question it too much. i love sean taylor despite the off the field issues. love portis, cooley, and salave'a too (because of the dog peeing on hydrant celebration)

Its strickly on the field for me. Having said that, I fell in love Sean Taylors style of play during his rookie season. Those bone jarring hits he made and how he was a little bit dirty doing them. And all the trash talk afterward. I love that!! Hes my favorite player.

My favorite all-time Skins are...

Joe Jacoby

Jim Lachey

Dave Butz

Raleigh McKenzie

Russ Grimm

Mark May

Chris Hanburger

Larry Brown

Billy Kilmer

Jeff Bostic

George Stark

Neil Olkewicz

Monte Coleman

Art Monk

Ah, the list goes on and on:laugh:

My favorite SKins guy of the team now...Chris Cooley!!

Its strickly on the field for me. Having said that, I fell in love Sean Taylors style of play during his rookie season. Those bone jarring hits he made and how he was a little bit dirty doing them. And all the trash talk afterward. I love that!! Hes my favorite player.

same here

Archived