Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network to go Cable

(June 19, 2006) -- "NFL Network announced the completion of 75 affiliation agreements with cable companies to carry the 24-hour, year-round football channel from the National Football League -- including the rights to air its primetime regular season games this fall."

Does "its primetime regular season games" mean the "NFL Sunday Ticket?"

(June 19, 2006) -- "NFL Network announced the completion of 75 affiliation agreements with cable companies to carry the 24-hour, year-round football channel from the National Football League -- including the rights to air its primetime regular season games this fall."

Does "its primetime regular season games" mean the "NFL Sunday Ticket?"

No, the NFL Network is airing some night games later this season (beginning in November I believe). The Redskins/Giants game at the end of the year is on that channel.

I've had the NFL network on my cable for almost 3 years now, i have had digital cable the whole time though. At first comcast didnt have the NFL network when it first came out, but i went to the NFL Network webpage and emailed comcast every day for about 3 months straight lol guess that worked.

i hope so.. so that means it will be available on tvs with cable but not digital cable.. i know we have nfl network on digital cable... but my tv in my room has regular cable.. so do i get it?

You should if its comcast, i have 2 NFL Networks, one is HD the other in just the regular cable channel (cant remember both channels off the top of my head but one is channel 180)

i think this is fine - I have had the NFL Network for a while now...I only hope they begin broadcasting in HD around the time they begin to carry live games.

I think they are planning to. In fact, I'm getting started with a cable plan and it seems like they might have a separate HD channel for NFL Network. That would be cool for the games.

You should if its comcast, i have 2 NFL Networks, one is HD the other in just the regular cable channel (cant remember both channels off the top of my head but one is channel 180)

yes i belong to comcast, but i have those old boxes in my room.. not the digital ones

yes i belong to comcast, but i have those old boxes in my room.. not the digital ones

Gotcha, the other channel on dig cable is 275, i just went anc checked.

But i also just got a flyer in the mail from comcast that read........

They will be getting rid of all analog signals very soon and everything will be digital!!! I still think its in my paper recycle bin, let me go look.

Gotcha, the other channel on dig cable is 275, i just went anc checked.

But i also just got a flyer in the mail from comcast that read........

They will be getting rid of all analog signals very soon and everything will be digital!!! I still think its in my paper recycle bin, let me go look.

i dont have that channel on the regular box which is the analog box.. i know my digital one does..

Cant find digital camera, so im typing this out from the mailer i got yesterday from comcast....

"In response to an FCC mandate: all broadcasters must convert their analog signals and transistion to Digital Television (DTV) by 2009. WNVC-56 (a/k/a MHz) has been granted permission from the FCC to cease analog broadcasting and commence operating as a digital only television station.

As a result of these changes, Comcast cutomers will enjoy the addition of WNVC TV, WNVC MHz Worlview, WNVC Russuin World TV and WNVC Nigerian TV authority. These changes will be effective Saturday July 1 2006 and will be included with the limited basic service available only with digital converter.

Based on comcasts current agreement with WNVC-56 MHz effective july 1 2006, Comcast channel 23 will no longer be available, but WNVC programming will move to channel 205."

So i was wrong about all dig coming soon, but by 2009 we will all have nothing but digital.

Archived