Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Bank Robbery Suspect Kills Himself After Chase (Upper Marlboro, MD)

Titaw

Bank Robbery Suspect Kills Himself After Chase

[/url]

One of three bank robbery suspects fatally shot himself inside his demolished getaway car yesterday morning after a high-speed chase that began in Charles County and ended with a crash in the middle of a busy commercial strip in Upper Marlboro, authorities said.

For more info click:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/17/AR2006061700968.html

I found this news interesting because it is so close to my home and my family. I also pick up my stepson from his father in that shopping center.

Yeah my brother was working at Ron Bortnick Ford right across the street but didn't see the car wreck since he was working on a car. He did see the guys runs through the shopping center parking lot and the dead guy hanging out the window of the car. He said it looked like swiss cheese with all the bullet holes. And later on one of the Charle's County police officers said "Try and rob a bank in my county, Mother F'er" and laughed afterward.

I live about 10 minutes from the intersection where this occurred and I drove past the scene about an hour after it happened on my way to Home Depot. I knew that it was rather serious because of all the TV trucks out there. The northbound lanes of Rte 301 were completely closed with only one lane getting by southbound. After watching the World Cup game on ABC they started the local news with this as the lead story and that is where I had learned what had happened. Pretty crazy that the dudes all lived up in the Baltimore area and headed down to Waldorf to rob a bank. At least one of them won't be doing it ever again.

Archived