Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

woaaaah look at this house

roadkill

I got these pictures in an e-mail today. Apparently this house is owned by Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al-Nahyan, the former president of the United Arab Emirates and ruler of Abu Dhabi.

a.jpg

aaa.jpg

aaaa.jpg

aaaaa.jpg

aaaaaa.jpg

aaaaaaa.jpg

aaaaaaaa.jpg

aaaaaaaaaa.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

By the way this Audi A8 is made out of silver (yes real silver)!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Why on Earth would anyone ever need a car made out of silver?

That being said, just the swimming pool alone that looks like Water Country USA is enough to make my jaw drop, I mean really, that house looks amazing. I've always wondered what Bill Gates' house looked like though, I bet that place really takes the cake.

Why on Earth would anyone ever need a car made out of silver?

That being said, just the swimming pool alone that looks like Water Country USA is enough to make my jaw drop, I mean really, that house looks amazing. I've always wondered what Bill Gates' house looked like though, I bet that place really takes the cake.

From what I understand, it has sensors that detect which member of his family is in the room and adjust the temperature to his or her personal preference. No joke. (Bill Gates's house that is.)

From what I understand, it has sensors that detect which member of his family is in the room and adjust the temperature to his or her personal preference. No joke. (Bill Gates's house that is.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gates%27_house
The Gates home is a modern design in the "Pacific lodge" style, with classic features such as a large private library with a domed reading room. The house occupies 50,000 square feet (4,600 m2) on a 5.15 acre (2.1 ha) lot. Garage space and outbuildings may occupy an additional 16,000 square feet. Property records indicate eight bedrooms and four building levels. According to King County public records, as of 2005, the total assessed value of the property (land and house) is $125 million, and the annual property tax is $990,000 (Zillow.com). The address is 1835 73rd Ave NE, Medina, WA 98039.[1]

The lot was purchased in December, 1988 for $2 million, and construction occurred over a period of seven years with nominal completion in 1995.

Gates often entertains the rich and powerful at his home. Once when Bill Gates had a private party at the house, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security announced a "temporary security zone" around Gates' Lake Washington home which locked down all of Lake Washington south of the Highway 520 bridge and stayed in effect for two days.

Electronics are used abundantly; visitors are surveyed upon entrance and given a microchip that sends signals throughout the house to adjust temperature and other conditions according to preset user preferences.

If you wish, your music will follow you throughout the house - even at the bottom of the pool.

The 17-by-60-foot swimming pool has an underwater music system and a floor painted in a fossil motif. Swimmers can dive under a glass wall and emerge outdoors by a terrace. A locker room off the pool has four showers and two baths.[2]

There is an elevator if you don't want to take the stairs.

There are no visible electrical outlets anywhere. Gates does not like "clutter".

The security system (automated and personnel) is redundant. Hidden cameras are everywhere, including the interior stone walls. Sensors in the floor can track a person to within 6 inches. The system is monitored at the Microsoft Redmond campus.

There are 52 miles of communication cable in the building.

Gates insisted on saving a 40 year old maple adjacent to the driveway. The tree is monitored electronically 24 hours per day via computer. If it seems dry, it gets just the right amount of water automatically delivered.

The entry gate senses when your car approaches and opens fully by the time you arrive.

There are several garages. Gates has a personal 4-car garage. The house for the maintenance staff has its own garage. The nanny parks in the 6-car carport across from the main entry. Additional cars can be parked in a subterranean arched concrete building which through an electronic transformation becomes a basketball court.

The master bathtub can be filled to the right temperature and depth by Gates as he drives home from work.

What in the HELL does need have to do with it? Neat idea I think but there are other cars I think that would look much better done that way.
Ok, point taken, but still, a silver car? You couldn't just donate the money to a charity rather than build a freaking car made out of silver? Giant pools and massive libraries are one thing, but that's the epitome of ridiculous.

Archived