Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help At CB???

moonsunny77

Yah right?

I actually heard Brian Mitchell say on his radio show last week:

We have four first rounders in the secondary, but if both our CB get hurt our depth is really a problem.

ARE YOU FRIKKIN KIDDING ME? Has there EVER been a team in the NFL that could lose BOTH CB yet be OK? Sometimes I want to stab that man. Just kidding...:silly:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Which team in the ENTIRE NFL would be just fine if both their starting CBs were to go down? NONE OF THEM! What kind of b.s. is that!?

oh btw, if our entire starting OL go down, we're in trouble. :silly:

our secondary when healthy is VERY good. Rogers and Springs as starters is an impressive tandem a will only get better once rogers matures a bit. That being said, I think everyone is worried because both keep getting bit by the injury bug.

Lets say you drop either springs or rogers off the active players list just before we play dallas or Indy (a scenario that happened a couple of games last year). Do you all feel confident with Wright covering glenn or any receiver on Indy? I think we could manage, but, the constant injuries to our secondary is where the concerns are. Lets face the facts, our corners get hurt a lot. If they stay healthy... we are set... weakness is not there... if they dont... well I start to cover my eyes when our defense is facing 3rd and 9 and springs is in a suit and tie.

ALSO... I think the greatest addition to the secondary will actually be a revived pass rush. With less time to throw the ball, our secondary should perform a lot better and should get more chances at turnovers. my 2 cents (someone please tell me how to make that icon)

-httr

woo hoo 5 posts... strange... I think I've read 20,000. Work is boring now... that 5 is goin up!

Yeah, I agree It gets old hearing guys saying we need help at Cb. I mean, if we needed anymore help don't you idiots think we would've drafted at least 1 cb. We did sign a starter in K. Wright and are backups aren't bad at all. The need for Cb is overrated. Guys will always say we need something, I guess thats it.

I wouldn't be surprised if we use our 1st round pick next year on a CB.

Neither would I, I think if Jimmy Williams hadn't completely screwed up his interview at Redskins Park with Gibbs and Williams, we would have drafted him. I'm not totally sold on him being a CB anyway, he is much more of a natural FS from what I've seen, not nearly fast enough and stiff in the hips.

I wouldn't be surprised if we use our 1st round pick next year on a CB.

edit: I have no idea how this got posted twice.

Neither would I, I think if Jimmy Williams hadn't completely screwed up his interview at Redskins Park with Gibbs and Williams, we would have drafted him. I'm not totally sold on him being a CB anyway, he is much more of a natural FS from what I've seen, not nearly fast enough and stiff in the hips.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Which team in the ENTIRE NFL would be just fine if both their starting CBs were to go down? NONE OF THEM! What kind of b.s. is that!?

oh btw, if our entire starting OL go down, we're in trouble. :silly:

Not to mention if all our RB and WRs get hurt! I mean if Santana and Lloyd and Randle El all get hurt, we have NO DEPTH!!!:laugh: :laugh: :silly:

Yeah, I agree It gets old hearing guys saying we need help at Cb. I mean, if we needed anymore help don't you idiots think we would've drafted at least 1 cb. We did sign a starter in K. Wright and are backups aren't bad at all. The need for Cb is overrated. Guys will always say we need something, I guess thats it.

#1. Ease up on the name calling chief. We are all Skins fans. Relax.

#2. We only had one 1 pick in the first 4 rounds. Obviously we had to go LB with the loss of Arrington. We didnt have a ton of picks.

#3. We didnt draft a CB, but this thread is about the secondary as a whole. We spent our 3rd pick on a safety.

#4. CB's get injured. Every year. BOTH of our starters missed time last year. If you are confident in the ability of Ade Jimoh to step in and not get abused, then i wish i had your faith in the laundry.

#5. CB is NOT overrated. There is a reason CB is the 2nd highest paid position behind QB.

Archived