Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2001 Draft Top 25 Seniors

#1AZRedskinfan

Yeah I pretty much knew all that, and for the most part I'm excited that w e have so much talent - it always upsets me that Rod Gard never worked out. I know he's pretty much been a bust... but I really think his problem was inability to digest the offense - for whatever reason that is. I just wonder if Gibbs had gotten to him before that 1000 yard season bloated his ego, if he would still be here.

If not, I would have loved to have gotten Dan Morgan. Even with his injury problems he would have been better than gardner turned out.

I think Arch is going to surprise a lot of people, the knocks on him are just not founded in much that is important to his position. He really covers as well as 50% of starting SS in the league, and he is faster than most and stronger than all of them. His temperment is very similar to Sean taylor and I think they will get along. Both have a penchant for being "overly vocal" with teamates who aren't working hard enough - I don't really see that as a bad thing, though there are many sour grapes Rams fans who will call him a lockeroom disruption.

Well when you think you can be the best SS in the league and you play with a bunch of underachievers on the worst defense in the NFL and you are playing through major back pain while the rest of your squad is lazy and late both on the field and off, you can hardly blame him.

" If not, I would have loved to have gotten Dan Morgan. Even with his injury problems he would have been better than gardner turned out."

He would have turned out better than Gardner..... WHAT.... How can you even make a comparison in any such a way. Gardner is having a hard time finding playtime at all much less being the playmaker he was touted to be. Morgan is a top ten if not a little lower of a LB in the NFL. Don't downplay how bad of a pick Gardner was... IT SUCKED!

I think Arch is going to surprise a lot of people, the knocks on him are just not founded in much that is important to his position. He really covers as well as 50% of starting SS in the league, and he is faster than most and stronger than all of them. His temperment is very similar to Sean taylor and I think they will get along. Both have a penchant for being "overly vocal" with teamates who aren't working hard enough - I don't really see that as a bad thing, though there are many sour grapes Rams fans who will call him a lockeroom disruption.

Well when you think you can be the best SS in the league and you play with a bunch of underachievers on the worst defense in the NFL and you are playing through major back pain while the rest of your squad is lazy and late both on the field and off, you can hardly blame him.

I couldn't agree more. We've gotten some knocks for getting Archuleta for the price we paid, and while that criticism remains to be validated, I think he's going to be a big time stud. I think any serious athlete can understand what it's like to watch your teammates underperform and your coaches focus on another part of your team while basically ignoring yours, so I can see why Adam got so fed up with his situation in St. Louis. Now though, he'll be able to look ahead at a D-line with Cornelius Griffin and Andre Carter, linebackers in front of him like Marcus Washington, Lemar Marshall, and Rocky McIntosh, corners like Carlos and Springs, and most of all #21 to his right. Rather than be the sole guy trying to make a play all the time, he'll probably have to fight his way to make a tackle before Sean gets there, and even then he'll have to be careful not to get caught in the cross hairs. And all the knocks of his coverage skills and hard hands can be helped with a real defensive coaching staff as well, so I'm sure that'll progress. I'm so cised for next season it's not even funny anymore.

And yeah, LT might have recieving issues at the #17 spot? Just further proof of the gamble that is drafting.

Archived