Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My offensive and defensive unit grades

D'Pablo

isnt it amazin that we're finally concentrated on depth more than needs?

for years its always bout we need some1 at some spot on the team...its relaxin to think that we have the holes filled and thinkin bout the 2nd team instead of the starters

Your grades rely far to much on backups. You drop MLB and C grades far beyond what they should be just because backups behind them are unproven(irregardless that Marshall and Rabach certainly didnt have injury problems last season and we didnt NEED backups for them).

Your grades rely far to much on backups. You drop MLB and C grades far beyond what they should be just because backups behind them are unproven(irregardless that Marshall and Rabach certainly didnt have injury problems last season and we didnt NEED backups for them).

All it takes is one play for a player to go down. I recall the 2000 season when Raymer went down with an injury. That was devastating, but we had a guy in the wings that had been with the team a while, Mark Fischer. He actually did a very good job that season. Also, lets not forget that Marshall is technically considered undersized for his position. This makes him more prone to injury. One can't sleep on depth... it's what makes champions. Never forget the Cowboys game in Dallas two years ago. If we had one healthy corner, we would have won that game.

All it takes is one play for a player to go down. I recall the 2000 season when Raymer went down with an injury. That was devastating' date=' but we had a guy in the wings that had been with the team a while, Mark Fischer. He actually did a very good job that season. [b']Also, lets not forget that Marshall is technically considered undersized for his position.[/b] This makes him more prone to injury. One can't sleep on depth... it's what makes champions. Never forget the Cowboys game in Dallas two years ago. If we had one healthy corner, we would have won that game.

So was Antonio Pierce.

no disres[ect or anything, but your grading as though you are grading the depth at each posisiton. For example, you saw that Samuels is a probowler and Jansen is pretty darn good. So their grade should be above a B-. Your reason for this grade is because of the lack of depth but you should be grading the starters and the ones who will play. Thats just one example.

no disres[ect or anything, but your grading as though you are grading the depth at each posisiton. For example, you saw that Samuels is a probowler and Jansen is pretty darn good. So their grade should be above a B-. Your reason for this grade is because of the lack of depth but you should be grading the starters and the ones who will play. Thats just one example.
I was just thinking the same thing. Although I enjoyed reading the grades, I did notice that some positions did receive low grades, not because of the starters that play that position, but because of the depth of that paticular position. IMO depth at a position could be graded seperately.

I'm grading the entire unit which accounts for depth too. Sooner or later, pretty much everyone gets to play, whether it be on special teams or as a fill-in starter. For example, Samuels being great makes it that much worse if he goes down and we have a nobody take his place.

Archived