Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin Sayings

My favorite is Dexter saying "I'm going to ring Montana's clock." One of the best mixed metaphors in sports.

Hail,

H

It was "clean his clock," wasn't it? Which mixes it even better? :)

"only behind the president, the most important job in D.C. is QB for the Redskins"

I always heard it as,

"The president is the second most scrutinized man in Washington DC, behind the starting QB for the Washington Redskins."

I think the fact that the president is second, not the 'skins QB, is an important distinction. I don't know who said it though.

"loosen up Sandy baby, you're too tight" (Riggo of course)

anything said by Dexter Manley was pretty funny. To paraphrase, told Gorbachev to get out of time and stop drawing attention from an upcoming Redskins v. Cowboys game one time. He also made fun of Mike Ditka before a Bears game.

my question was whether anyone knew anything about those two sayings, not what your favorite ones are, because we have all heard those before,(we want dallas, hail to the skins, touchdown, washington redskins, etc etc etc) but the ones i put up are more obscure i think, thats why i asked about those two specifically. not that im complaining that much about the other sayings (its still great to hear or see those again, especially during the offseason, and yeah my question was answered)

my question was whether anyone knew anything about those two sayings, not what your favorite ones are, because we have all heard those before,(we want dallas, hail to the skins, touchdown, washington redskins, etc etc etc) but the ones i put up are more obscure i think, thats why i asked about those two specifically. not that im complaining that much about the other sayings (its still great to hear or see those again, especially during the offseason, and yeah my question was answered)

I like the Yuengling logo

To quote my own sig, "Check your ego at the door." Greg Williams started preaching this last summer. I knew we had a special team when players were buying into the saying and quoting him on interviews.

I guess we got rid of players who couldn't embrace the saying. You know who you are.......Lemar. Oh wait, sorry, I meant Lavar.

No, I don't think so. Dexter said he was going to "ring his clock", thus mixing the two metaphors "clean his clock" and "ring his bell", in true Dexter fashion. :)

Well, hell. I hate being wrong. :)

http://oldenfatsport.com/blog/archive/2005_12_01_archive.html

1) Jan. 22, 1983- Redskins beat the Cowboys in the NFC Championship-31-17. Before the teams took the field the old stands at RFK were bouncing up and down as the fans chanted "we want Dallas, we want Dallas". Also, leading up to the game-Dexter Manley provided fodder for both Dallas' Bulletin Board and English teachers everywhere when he vowed to "ring Danny White's clock". He did it though-knocking White woozy. This brought in Gary Hogeboom who's tipped pass by Manley led to a Daryl Grant interception which iced the win. John Riggins made the Riggo Drill famous by rushing for 140 yards and two touchdowns on 36 time eating carries.

From now on I avoid metaphors. They are the sand in my KY.

To quote my own sig, "Check your ego at the door." Greg Williams started preaching this last summer. I knew we had a special team when players were buying into the saying and quoting him on interviews.

I guess we got rid of players who couldn't embrace the saying. You know who you are.......Lemar. Oh wait, sorry, I meant Lavar.

That's what makes this team special.

HTTR

Archived