Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

video card driver

PokerPacker

does anyone know of a good driver for a geforce2 video card that allows for overclocking? the one i'm currently using allows for a maximum screen size ratio of 640 X 480, and that really is not only annoying because of huge ass windows, but websites do not come up fully; especially websites that don't have scroll bars (instead, half of the page is off the screen and impossible to view)

Overclocking won't help with resolution I don't think though.. Perhaps a better driver or upgrade that old ass card.. the economy line of Nvidia's is pretty good and you can get a great card for pretty cheap... Check newegg.com

Overclocking won't help with resolution I don't think though.. Perhaps a better driver or upgrade that old ass card.. the economy line of Nvidia's is pretty good and you can get a great card for pretty cheap... Check newegg.com
If your card is 4 years old, it may be time for a new PC with an NVIDIA 7800 or something.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_84.21.html

download the latest driver...

then to overclock (which wont improve your res..)

run -> regedit -> hkey current user -> nvida corporation -> software -> global -> nvtweak . right click - new (dword value) and name it Coolbits. right click on it and hit modify. set the value to three.

there you should be allowed to overclock now.

do to desktop and right click - properties - settings - advanced and then nvidia geForce XXXX. then click on change clock frequency setting.

there ya go.

i know, its the driver that's the issue. i used to have a driver with better resolution, but there was no support for overclocking (which i desperatly need to play some of the more modern-but-not-high-tech games). so i switched drivers to one that i found online (and even that didn't come with overclocking, i downloaded an extention that added it in.) if just want the best of both worlds. its not that bad of a video card so it shouldn't have a resolution that crappy.

also, i am extremely cheap with my computer parts. i got the geforce2 MX free from someone who upgraded their old computer, i have a tv card i scavenged from an old junker school computer, also scavenged an 8 gig hard drive. i usually don't pay for anything.

Archived