Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A possible upgrade from Patten/Thrash/Jacobs?

Oldskool

Great Post. I agree Mike Williams has a chance to be a good NFL player but I just dont think with Moss, Lloyd, Randle El, and Patten we bring in another WR. He would never move up in the depth chart above the big 3 so his impact would be limited. If the staff signed Williams and moved him to TE I think he one day could replace Fauria and give the Skins 2 great TEs. :2cents:

Thanks for all the Great research! Having great fans like this must help Skins staff somewhat?

Hail to the Redskins

:applause:

Forget Mike Williams! Sign Ty Law and convert him to WR!

Or maybe Lavar would rather play WR than LB.

:laugh:

Some people are never happy. It is a good thing we have Gibbs back.

We aren't signing the big names. Just guys who get the job done.

What Big Joe Gibbs wants is what Dan Snyder wants:

In Gibbs We Trust!

:cheers:

Guest santana4prez
Dont you Redskins fans believe TE Fauria will improve Washington?

:tantrum:

I think Cooley and Fauria are a great 1-2 TE set. If you were referring to my other post all I was saying was I dont think Williams would help us as a WR. I do think if we signed MIke Williams and moved him to TE he could replace Fauria a couple years from now. Fauria and Cooley are our TEs and I think they are great. Im just saying if we did sign Mike Williams even though I dont think we would even if he is cut that he would have a better shot making our team as a 3rd TE then at WR. He isnt as fast and people were talking about moving him to TE all the way back since the draft.I like Fauria alot and think he is a perfect #2 TE but if we got Williams we could groom him as the #3 TE to replace Fauria if he retires in a couple years. I dont think it will happen and I dont even want Williams if you want my honest opinion I was just answering the other guys post. I started a thread on Fauria about the Redskins.com article and backed Fauria and said he is a Gibbs guy and a perfect #2 TE for us.

I love Fauria and he is a Gibbs guy. I am all for whatever Gibbs wants and I even started a thread about a article on Redskins.com on Fauria and I called him a perfect #2 TE. I dont think we will sign Mike Williams and I dont want him.Whoever signs Williams if he is released may end up moving him to TE. He has potenial still as a WR but he isnt that fast. All I said was Williams had a better shot to make this team as our third TE than at WR if we signed him and could replace Fauria in a couple years. I never said I didnt want Fauria I liked the move to get him.

To tell you the truth, I would love to have Mike Williams here. This will only be his second season and he's very talented. I really doubt the Lions will let him go though.
Yeah, I kinda wanted us to snag MW in the draft but I'm glad the way it worked out. If we could manage any kind of trade like a low pick I would hope we would do it because I think this guy can do some things in this league. Things were BAD in Detroit especially at the QB position so i don't put much blame on MW. And it would be real nice having a WR with his size and hands. Why NOT have him replace Taylor Jacobs?

Patten is getting older, and might not even make the team.

I agree with everything in your post with the exception of the above statement. I firmly believe that Patten played well last season before his injury and not to start another Brunell bashing, but he was hardly thrown to. I also believe that Patten will emerge as either the #2 or #3 WR this season. He has a lot to prove and just like someone else on the team that had a bad season (#8) he will come back the following year vastly improved, mark my words. A lot of ppl will be eating crow for bashing Patten... I hope.

Both of these guys have failed miserably in Detroit, where there is an extreme shortage of WR talent. If neither of them can even make #5 on the depthchart, or give the coaches ANY hope they can develop in a couple years to something serviceable, thats just bad.

No thankyou.

How can you say that Mike Williams failed miserably in Detroit when he has only played one year? I'm not sayin he is the next great thing, but it is way too early to call him a failure! Charles Rogers is a loser though. When he isn't hurt, he's causing off the field issues. He probably hangs out with Michael Irvin on the weekends and smokes crack!

Guest santana4prez
Why would we do that, isn't Detroit trying to cut them, there's got to be a reason. We are fine.... In GIBBS we Trust !!!

:helmet: :notworthy I agree 100%!!! In Gibbs we Trust!!!!!!!:notworthy :helmet:

Archived