Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mort Chat??????????????

@DCGoldPants

Oz (D.C.)

Mort, how do you think Jason Cambell compares to the qb crop that was available in this draft? I think that he fits in as the 4th guy and validates trading what turned out the be the 22nd overall pick for him.

CHRIS MORTENSEN

Well, I thought Campbell deserved to be in the top QB consideration a year ago. But I will say that I thought the big three this year (Young, Leonart and Cutler) were superior to all the QBs in last year's draft. I think the Redskins did very well to land Campbell last year and he could turn out to be the best of those guys

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=11604

Did anybody read his Chat today?

anything Skins related?

NFC East related?

Oz (D.C.): Mort, how do you think Jason Cambell compares to the qb crop that was available in this draft? I think that he fits in as the 4th guy and validates trading what turned out the be the 22nd overall pick for him.

Chris Mortensen: Well, I thought Campbell deserved to be in the top QB consideration a year ago. But I will say that I thought the big three this year (Young, Leonart & Cutler) were superior to all the QBs in last year's draft. I think the Redskins did very well to land Campbell last year and he could turn out to be the best of those guys.

Matt (Albuquerque): After the Eagles lost out on Walker, the fans, in their never ending quest for Wr's, are looking for WR help. Do you see any of the WR's currently on the trading block (Lelie, Stallworth) heading to Philly? Who are WR targets for June 1 cuts?

Chris Mortensen: Those two guys (Lelie and Stallworth) are the ones I've heard but I think the Eagles are very high on Reggie Brown. It's obviously a glaring question mark. That said, I thought the Eagles had an outstanding draft.

John (Dallas): There was rumor on draft day about Cowboys trying to trade Julius Jones to Jets. Any truth?

Chris Mortensen: I think there was some smoke there.

:rubeyes:

Oz (D.C.)

Mort, how do you think Jason Cambell compares to the qb crop that was available in this draft? I think that he fits in as the 4th guy and validates trading what turned out the be the 22nd overall pick for him.

CHRIS MORTENSEN

Well, I thought Campbell deserved to be in the top QB consideration a year ago. But I will say that I thought the big three this year (Young, Leonart and Cutler) were superior to all the QBs in last year's draft. I think the Redskins did very well to land Campbell last year and he could turn out to be the best of those guys

WOWZERS! :rubeyes:

Oz (D.C.)

I don't know how you can say that about Cutler, though. If there is one thing I've noticed about QBs on the NFL level is that the ones that contributed right away did extremely well in college. Cutler's team went 5-6. Guys, like Ramsey, that came from mediocre to bad collegiate teams have to take a few years to learn how to win either on the bench, or in the CFL/NFL Europe/Arena League.

I don't know how you can say that about Cutler' date=' though. If there is one thing I've noticed about QBs on the NFL level is that the ones that contributed right away did extremely well in college. Cutler's team went 5-6. Guys, like Ramsey, that came from mediocre to bad collegiate teams have to take a few years to learn how to win either on the bench, or in the CFL/NFL Europe/Arena League.[/quote']

Elway played on a crappy Stanford team that never went to a bowl game.

i want to know what happened with julius jones

Julius Jones went from "The Man," to he can't play through injures to sharing the job with Marion Barber. Bill Parcells definitely doesn't think Jones is tough enough to withstand the pounding from a full 16-game schedule, and with both guys rushing for five touchdowns (but Barber doing it in roughly half the carries) it makes sense that Dallas may think they can live without him.

Julius Jones went from "The Man," to he can't play through injures to sharing the job with Marion Barber. Bill Parcells definitely doesn't think Jones is tough enough to withstand the pounding from a full 16-game schedule, and with both guys rushing for five touchdowns (but Barber doing it in roughly half the carries) it makes sense that Dallas may think they can live without him.

DING!

took everyone else an extra year to figure out what we Skins fan already knew.

I always thought JJ was a 3rd down/backup type RB.... nothing more

Not to mention they passed on Steven Jackson to take JJ :doh: .

DING!

took everyone else an extra year to figure out what we Skins fan already knew.

I always thought JJ was a 3rd down/backup type RB.... nothing more

I am a Notre Dame fane and i can assure all of us Redskins fans that Julius Jones is a good back. Dallas has yet to realize that they need to replace their old offensive line. For the record, as my posts in the past have shown, im a skins fan.

It's nice to hear good stuff regarding Cambell. We won't be sure about him until seen in action. I can't wait to hear all the camp reports on our future.:halo:

It's not so shabby hearing rumours that could create turmoil in dallas either.

There OL still needs some help and I thought JJ was okay but overhyped coming out of Notre Dame. This is a common affliction with certain Notre Damers given the press they receive.

I am a Notre Dame fane and i can assure all of us Redskins fans that Julius Jones is a good back. Dallas has yet to realize that they need to replace their old offensive line. For the record, as my posts in the past have shown, im a skins fan.

JJ is from Big Stone Gap, and played against my high school, I have watched him from his Juinor year...... he's good but best suited as a 3rd down/backup :)

Archived