Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Graduashun!!

Winslowalrob

That bittersweet time of year, when young men and women everywhere are dragged out of their glorious bubble onto the mean streets of the real world. Its Graduashun time!!! Me, I couldn't care less. I don't want to sit down and listen to speeches while wearing an expensive dress (I can't believe they charge so much for the bloody robe). And my skoo got George Allen to do the ceremony, so I was seriously contemplating not even showing up at all. As I told my parents, I don't want them to come to Graduation, but rather Circles 7 because an amazing breakdance tournament that I compete in means a lot more to me than a dumb commencement. Wack as crack.

That bittersweet time of year, when young men and women everywhere are dragged out of their glorious bubble onto the mean streets of the real world. Its Graduashun time!!! Me, I couldn't care less. I don't want to sit down and listen to speeches while wearing an expensive dress (I can't believe they charge so much for the bloody robe). And my skoo got George Allen to do the ceremony, so I was seriously contemplating not even showing up at all. As I told my parents, I don't want them to come to Graduation, but rather Circles 7 because an amazing breakdance tournament that I compete in means a lot more to me than a dumb commencement. Wack as crack.

:laugh: . I'm graduating too. I'm pretty excited about it, but like you said it's time to hit the mean streets of "the real world." I can already tell that I'm gonna miss college....oh well time to move on. At least I got my edumakashun.

so, Im looking for a job, and I am pretty versatile and interested in many things related to History, Business, Math, anything. Anyone looking for a good worker?

Yeh, I am still looking for a job. I have been applying, but no luck yet. I do graduate in a week though!

if you'da told me, i would have given you my senior year gown for free... i have a cap and gown from grad school so i don't need an extra one lying around for memory's sake. Anyone else need a gown and don't want to pay for it? Mine's black and for people 5'9-6'0 I think.

Ah, good ol' James Maddy U

Gotta love it :)

By the way, Circles is sweet.

im surprised we never met up. Yeh, effin 60$ for the graduation robes, and George Allen speaking? I am only doing this for the parents as well. I really am not looking forward to this, but oh well. What major are you? Im history, so Im on the Quad afterwards.

I'm graduating from JMU on Saturday also. I am not looking forward to George Allen being our commencement speaker. If my parents weren't coming here, then I wouldn't walk. I just want a piece of paper that says I'm done. I'm done my exams on Thursday so I am getting hammered that night. Great way to greet my parents on Friday, hung over. Oh yeah $60 out of my pocket for something I will wear once didn't put me in a very good mood. Maybe they can buy another bronze bulldog for the other side of the stadium with the extra money. Just what I want them to use my money on, something that doesn't benefit anyones education. Done with the rant. Well congratulations to everyone who is graduating in the next couple of weeks!

Oh yeah $60 out of my pocket for something I will wear once didn't put me in a very good mood. Maybe they can buy another bronze bulldog for the other side of the stadium with the extra money.

:laugh: pretty much.

I'm graduating from JMU on Saturday also. I am not looking forward to George Allen being our commencement speaker. If my parents weren't coming here, then I wouldn't walk. I just want a piece of paper that says I'm done. I'm done my exams on Thursday so I am getting hammered that night. Great way to greet my parents on Friday, hung over. Oh yeah $60 out of my pocket for something I will wear once didn't put me in a very good mood. Maybe they can buy another bronze bulldog for the other side of the stadium with the extra money. Just what I want them to use my money on, something that doesn't benefit anyones education. Done with the rant. Well congratulations to everyone who is graduating in the next couple of weeks!

Hey man, you weren't in that Skins/Seahawks party video were you?

im surprised we never met up. Yeh, effin 60$ for the graduation robes, and George Allen speaking? I am only doing this for the parents as well. I really am not looking forward to this, but oh well. What major are you? Im history, so Im on the Quad afterwards.

Yeah, I'm history too. Who is your advisor?

if you'da told me, i would have given you my senior year gown for free... i have a cap and gown from grad school so i don't need an extra one lying around for memory's sake. Anyone else need a gown and don't want to pay for it? Mine's black and for people 5'9-6'0 I think.

Haha, thanks, I am a lil' too tall, but a wonderful offer nonetheless.

Congrats to you guys who are graduating

It was a fun 2 weeks for me, between when I was done with all my works (finals and projects) and graduation

Hard to think its been 2 years since I have been out of Tech

Nothing makes me feel older than watching Freddy Adu and Lebron James play ball. I can't help but feel I wasted my life :).

I too am graduating and very very scared that I wont find a job plus Im shy in asking for recommendations. Id rather skip the ceremony myself and just move out and be done with it but my mother is forcing me to go-- for her sake. BOOOO.

RU graduate May O6

BBA Economics

Yeah

Winslowalrob, I hate to nitpick, but you spelled "graduation" wrong. Maybe Oakton was right about public schools. ;)

Seriously though, congrats to all who are graduating this year. :cheers:

That was the point, twas tongue in cheek. Don't make me go Chaucer on you :).

you think you have it bad i got graduation at 9:00 AM on the 6th. for htose of you who dont drink till they cant feel on cinco de mayo wont appreciate this. im going to be so sloppy drunk when i walk it wont even bve funny. i got relatives and what not flying in and after an all night drink fest the last thing that im going to want to do is talk to them. im going to have to get some coke.......a cola to make it through.

Archived