Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prisco Grades

I would definitely agree some parts of this list are pretty bogus, particularly the Bills pick. By most peoples' opinions that was the dumbest pick of the draft, and he gives it a B-? Although I do agree with him that the Titans royally screwed up by drafting Young over Leinart, that really surprised me but I guess their owner's love for Texas won out. I also agree with him that the Giants' pick of Mathias was very strange, I wish some knowledgeable Giants fans would get on the board here and talk about their draft so far- it seems out of the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants, New York had the lesser draft so far.

Somebody needs to remind this guy that you never pass up on a franchise LT, especially when your starter is Adrain Jones. Matt Lienart isn't mobile, or use to getting beat like a drum. How do you give them an F for that pick? How do you not give the Giants an "F" for Mathias?

I would definitely agree some parts of this list are pretty bogus, particularly the Bills pick. By most peoples' opinions that was the dumbest pick of the draft, and he gives it a B-? Although I do agree with him that the Titans royally screwed up by drafting Young over Leinart, that really surprised me but I guess their owner's love for Texas won out. I also agree with him that the Giants' pick of Mathias was very strange, I wish some knowledgeable Giants fans would get on the board here and talk about their draft so far- it seems out of the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants, New York had the lesser draft so far.

I must admit, I was both angry and confused with the Giants first round selection (I'm not even going to try and spell it). I liked the Moss pick and the Wilkinson pick.

Tom Coughlin has come out and said they would not have drafted Mathias if they didnt think they had a place for him to play at. They said they will try and work up some schemes when the opponet faces a 2nd or 3rd and long and try to get him out there to improve the pass rush.

Pretty much anyone they would have drafted at the #32 spot would not start. There wasn't really any CBs worth taking in that spot (Jimmy Williams and Coughlin would never work), or a DT for that matter. They said he was their highest ranked player, so thats what they took.

Personally I would have preferred a LB (DeMeco Ryans), but all I can do is have faith that they made the right choice..

I must admit, I was both angry and confused with the Giants first round selection (I'm not even going to try and spell it). I liked the Moss pick and the Wilkinson pick.

Tom Coughlin has come out and said they would not have drafted Mathias if they didnt think they had a place for him to play at. They said they will try and work up some schemes when the opponet faces a 2nd or 3rd and long and try to get him out there to improve the pass rush.

Pretty much anyone they would have drafted at the #32 spot would not start. There wasn't really any CBs worth taking in that spot (Jimmy Williams and Coughlin would never work), or a DT for that matter. They said he was their highest ranked player, so thats what they took.

Personally I would have preferred a LB (DeMeco Ryans), but all I can do is have faith that they made the right choice..

Interesting read, I appreciate it. It sounds almost as if the Giants really had no clear idea what to do with the #32 pick other than to use it on the most manageable long term project they could grab, but still of all things a DE is a bizarre choice. Osi proved to be a monster last year and with the condition Strahan got himself in last season, as much as I hate to say it I would bank on seeing him around for a hand full of more good years as well. Without knowing too much of the Giants needs and depth, corner, linebacker, or maybe even O-line depth came to my mind, but we'll see how it turns out for you guys. I do think however that of the NFC East teams, the Giants and Redskins had the least to draft since both teams filled some holes in free agency this year and retained many solid starters from last year, so I guess if the Giants weren't planning on looking for any starters they got what they wanted.

I thought a D- for Ferguson was a bit harsh, but I agree with Prisco's sentiment. Any team with a question mark at QB should take Leinhart if they had the chance. It might be another 10 years before a franchise has the opportunity to make a pick like that again.

I thought a D- for Ferguson was a bit harsh, but I agree with Prisco's sentiment. Any team with a question mark at QB should take Leinhart if they had the chance. It might be another 10 years before a franchise has the opportunity to make a pick like that again.

And if you can't protect him, then he turns into David Carr.

I think the Jets did the right thing, getting a guy who might have earned a 1st round grade if he was healthy in Kellen Clemons in the 2nd round, while getting guys to protect QBs with their other picks.

Jason

Archived