Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boycott places where immagrant supporters work

SUNSTONE

What the heck are you talking about? Mooching off our system? Since when is working for a low paying job considered "mooching"? If ANYTHING our country mooches off of them. They pay INTO income tax, but get NO gov't services :doh:

:bsflag:

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_3751199

http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

This study is one of the first to estimate the total impact of illegal immigration on the federal budget. Most previous studies have focused on the state and local level and have examined only costs or tax payments, but not both. Based on Census Bureau data, this study finds that, when all taxes paid (direct and indirect) and all costs are considered, illegal households created a net fiscal deficit at the federal level of more than $10 billion in 2002. We also estimate that, if there was an amnesty for illegal aliens, the net fiscal deficit would grow to nearly $29 billion.

___

hard working people who want nothing but to put food on the table and provide for their families.

The meanspirited in this discussion are those that take issue with people wanting to have their voices heard and to show the important contributions they make.

i would have to say your very acurate here. the poverty level in central america is so bad that even if you are a hard worker you are abused by the system. there are good people who live down there who try to make an honest living but that just isnt enough. (average monthly earnings in guatemala where i do mission work every summer is just around $40, or about 320 Q)

but there is a proper way to come here and i believe strongly 3 things:

1) citizenship should not be given out arbitrarily

2)illegals do not have the same rights citizens do

3) we should be doing more as a nation to help central america out economicaly

we need to keep in mind these guys are people too, but the issue i have is that when they come here they have no desire to be american, just the desire for american bucks, which is why ive been a fan of the guest worker program.

when are we going to boycott all the american citizens who work under the table?

and all the employers who pay their american citizen workers under the table?

What, you're going to actually boycot people who're dodging taxes? (Or child support, or student loans, or whatever)?

Isn't that un-american?

:)

What, you're going to actually boycot people who're dodging taxes? (Or child support, or student loans, or whatever)?

Isn't that un-american?

:)

i'm not going to. hell, i work under the table every chance i get. and i suspect all these great wall of texas builders would, too. ;)

Archived